Complaint Review: VIA Models and Entertainment

• Updated: Sun, May 29, 2011

• Reported By: Wiser Now — Denver Colorado United States of America
VIA Models and Entertainment
949 E. Filmore Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

VIA Models and Entertainment Garrett - Nick Unprofessional, high pressure sales, name calling Colorado Springs, Colorado

My daughter had worked for VIA last summer. She worked with a wonderful woman name Shari. She was a demo model and it took a while (month or two) to get her paychecks. Shari told us it would take a while to get paid. She was paid every cent that she was owed and Shari was very helpful and specific about how all the paperwork was to be done. She even called you if you didn't do it correctly and answered all questions. She was very easy to work with. BTW, we didn't pay one cent to work with them.  READ ON.....

NOW, there is some change of "management". She has to REAPPLY with Garrett. We go down and he wants new headshots, an application fee of $400. We drove down from Denver to Colorado Springs. He was a cocky young kid. He bragged about all they could do for my daughter, how terrible her headshots were, and our need to pay $400 now...because he had so many jobs that she could start immediately!  He then proceeded to lamblast Shari (who was the most professional person there). He said that she was fired, didn't do her job, and all sorts of lies.  I felt uneasy and said we would get back to him Friday.  I also asked to talk with Nick because he was the manager, but he was too "busy".  We had a family emergency and I did not get back to Garrett. The next thing I know, I am receiving several phone calls from him. First they are mildly annoyed, and then they become nasty. He starts questioning my integrity and saying I promised to pay the $400. He is such a butt, I called him out on facebook. Then, he really gets nasty, posting all kids of smarmy remarks. It just shows the immaturity and unprofessionalism of this outfit.

Needless to say, we did NOT sign with them! BTW, my daughter does a lot of extra work and bit parts around town. We saw Mr. bigshot Garrett, (who is in his twenties) at a shoot (non paid) for middle schoolers - teens.  If he can get such big jobs, I think he should book himself....I'm still laughing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2011 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIA-Models-and-Entertainment/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80907/VIA-Models-and-Entertainment-Garrett-Nick-Unprofessional-high-pressure-sales-name-call-734538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIA Models and Entertainment