Complaint Review: VIATOR

• Updated: Fri, May 31, 2013

• Reported By: KIKO — California
VIATOR
Internet USA

VIATOR VIATOR local tour operator ignored confirmed tour reservation in Barcelona, Spain Internet

*Author of original report: Refunded but...

Viator doesn't run the tours themselves.

We got to the Barcelona office of the local tour operator.  They told us that they forgot about the "confirmed" tour that my whole family was supposed to join.

There was really nothing we could do.  Nothing!  I was thinking that Viator was recommended by my AAA agent that it should be really good.  And knowing that it is a big city as Barcelona that it was a no brainer.  They must have local operators that are dependable.

What a waste of time and effort.  They wasted our day in Barcelona.

Btw, I am still chasing Viator with regards to my refund.  Even though I have a copy of the email sent by the tour operator cc'd Viator that they screwed up and to please issue a refund to me.

Viator is denying that there was an email sent by the local operator in Barcelona.

Okay, here is the operator's name ExploreCatalunya.com.

If you want a copy of the email from explorecatalunya.com just email me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2013 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIATOR/internet/VIATOR-VIATOR-local-tour-operator-ignored-confirmed-tour-reservation-in-Barcelona-Spain-1055368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIATOR

Refunded but...

AUTHOR: KIKO - ()

UPDATE:  VIATOR refunded our money.  The point here is missed opportunity.  We went through all the planning, money, effort and the the whole expection.  When do we visit Barcelona again to see Montserrat?

The local tour operator should have called another local operator that does tour to Montserrat.  We begged them to do this.  But they had no connections/relationship with other tour operators.  Usually, local tour operators help each other in these cases.

Barcelona is a beautiful city with lots of friendly people.  That I will remember.