Complaint Review: VIDEO ONLY/HITACHI

• Submitted: Sat, July 23, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, July 23, 2005

• Reported By:PORTLAND Oregon
VIDEO ONLY/HITACHI
12000 SW CANYON RD BEAVERTON, Oregon U.S.A.

VIDEO ONLY/HITACHI Authorized Dealer Highway robbery - Took payment but no TV, no delivery, no service BEAVERTON Oregon

I bought Hitachi 55 in plasma TV from Video only on May 13th 2005 for $4879 and 5 year extended warranty for $525.30. TV was actually delivered from store on May 15th 2005. TV was installed professionally by VIDEO ONLY recommended installer on May 16th 2005. TV stopped powering-on on June 16th, 2005. I contacted Hitachi for service and they recommended another company SHARPER VIDEO for local servicing. SHARPER VIDEO technician JOE, looked at it and speculated that problem seems to be related to power panel. He enquired about the part from HITACHI. HITACHI said that part should be available by June 30th, 2005. I went to VIDEO ONLY to collect my TV stand as I had not gotten it yet and technician recommended me to get it for easier access to TV.

VIDEO ONLY on JUNE 26th, 2005 agreed (my sales rep HAK SU and his manager both) to replace the TV if it does not work after replacing the part. HITACHI tech JOE replaced the part on JUNE 30th 2005 and TV still did not power on. He recommended me to replace the unit as it was not serviceable at home. I went to VIDEO ONLY to inform them about this. VIDEO ONLY sales rep HAK SU and his manager told me that they are receiving 30 TVs within a week so stop by after 4th of july weekend. I went there again and again and every time I heard that just little more time, truck has left San Diego and it should be in Portland any day etc... Last week I went there again (probably my 10th or so visit) to check about the status. I saw one TV in shop. I was told that this TV is actually for another customer who has been waiting since April. My sales rep HAK SU called me on 19th of JULY, to tell me that they have TV for me. I should come to shop and pay $35 for delivery of this TV and its installation as well as pick up of another TV at store cost. TV was supposed to be delivered on 22nd of July. I waited at home and then later I called the delivery company to check when are they coming...

Delivey company told me that VIDEO ONLY cancelled the delivery and I should check back with HAK SU about reasons... Then I called HAK SU and he said my district manager has 2 TVs of which 1 he sold to another customer and the other TV was given to someone else has his TV was also not working. He also said that my TV was tagged and was ready for delivery but district manager over wrote this... I was told that I can buy another smaller flat panel TVs (store has no 55inch or larger TVs) or wait for another 2-3 weeks to hear from them again about when I can receive my TV. I asked about refunding my money to which answer was firm NO.

Vinay
PORTLAND, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2005 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIDEO-ONLYHITACHI/BEAVERTON-Oregon-97209/VIDEO-ONLYHITACHI-Authorized-Dealer-Highway-robbery-Took-payment-but-no-TV-no-delivery-151050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIDEO ONLY/HITACHI