Complaint Review: VIP Subscription

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, July 11, 2003

• Reported By:Austin Texas
VIP Subscription
4 High Ridge Park Stamford, Connecticut U.S.A.

VIP Subscription, NSS Magazine Services, New Sub, NMS consumer fraud ripoff, Renewed my magazine subscription without my consent Stamford Connecticut

*Consumer Suggestion: I was RIPPED OFF TOO, Waiting for credit to come thru...

I received a charge on my credit card for a subscription which I did not purchase. I tried calling the number on the charge but got a busy signal. I found many matching numbers that also had busy signals. Eventually the was able to connect to an automated system.

After pressing "0" and saying "No" a couple times, I was able to speak to an operator. She said she would cancel my subscription and refund my money within 2 billing cycles. The waiting begins.

Company Name(s):
AMEX VIPSubscriptions
NSS Magazine Services
NewSub Magazine Services LLC

Here are the numbers I tried:

Here are some mailing addresses:
STAMFORD Connecticut 06905-1333

PO Box 670
Newburgh New York 12551

Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2003 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIP-Subscription/Stamford-Connecticut-06905/VIP-Subscription-NSS-Magazine-Services-New-Sub-NMS-consumer-fraud-ripoff-Renewed-my-ma-62704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIP Subscription

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I was RIPPED OFF TOO, Waiting for credit to come thru...

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

I just received a statement for a credit card we no longer use. It was paid off and now suddenly, there was a $50 charge on there for 3 mag subscriptions. I called the 800 # on my statement and went through the automated "run-around" technique that they have. I was frustrated and worried that I would never receive my money back.

My statement had NSS as the company name, but on the automated answering service it said "Magazine Service Center" so I decided to do a search for that company on the internet. The first thing that came up on the search was www.theripoffreport.com. I couldn't believe all of the similar rip off stories about this same company and/or companies like it. After reading several messages, (including yours, JERRY IN AUSTIN TEXAS) I found some other 800#s to call. The first one on Jerry's list worked for me. When they started in with their questions, (The first one being "do you have a question about a charge on your billing statement?" What a coincidence!!) I just remained silent (a tip from another frustrated consumer!) after three attempts to get me to answer their question, I was transfered to a live human!! (Imagine that...) I barely had to tell her my story and she immediately said she would credit my account. SHe did tell me that my subscriptions were offered to me and accepted online during a "special promotion" on June 9, 2003, (the first charge came through on 6-11 and one every 10 days since.) I was probably due for another one tomorrow, so I'm glad I caught it!!

When she asked if she could help me with anything else, I said "yes, can you tell me how it feels to work for a company that rips people off?" She responded with "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, maam, is there anything else I can help you with?" I said "No, but I can help you get a REAL JOB! I work from home, for a legitimate company! I could give you the info..." she then said "have a nice day," and hung up!! Oh well, I will sleep peacefully tonight, she probably won't.

Why can't we get this thing stopped?? How do people get away with this stuff? I can't believe these people actually fall for this and take the job. They must be good at manipulating the truth and brainwashing.