Complaint Review: VISA DEBIT GIFT CARDS

• Updated: Sun, January 13, 2013

• Reported By: madmom — West Mifflin Pennsylvania United States of America
VISA DEBIT GIFT CARDS
N/A Internet United States of America

VISA DEBIT GIFT CARDS VISA IS MAKING ALL THE MONEY! GIFTER PAID $3.95, I GOT SHORTED $5.00 ON GIFT CARD! Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Sorry for the trouble

I received a VISA gift card for Xmas for $25, the gifter paying an additional $3.95 for the card.  When my family and I went to dinner, I decided to use the card, and at the table I had to activate the card on gowallet.com, and jump through hoops to do so. At the end of service, the waitress brought back our check, and we see that the gift card had only $20.10 on it.  We asked her about it and she said that was what was showing and it took it to zero balance.  The card was never used. She said this happened to another customer of hers earlier. Which is why I am filing this ripoff report! I came home and checked on gowallet.com only to see I would have to jump through a bunch of other hoops to get through to just check my details on my card because it was locked. Even though I had a password, and did all the hoop jumping earlier.

I just want everyone to be aware of these cards!!! They are ripping consumers off BIG time!  I knew the gifter paid that $3.95 fee, but why is the giftee, paying also??   Ridiculous!  Stop buying these cards!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VISA-DEBIT-GIFT-CARDS/internet/VISA-DEBIT-GIFT-CARDS-VISA-IS-MAKING-ALL-THE-MONEY-GIFTER-PAID-395-I-GOT-SHORTED-50-996015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VISA DEBIT GIFT CARDS

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Sorry for the trouble

AUTHOR: GoWallet Customer Support - ()

Hi,

We are sorry to hear of your trouble with the Visa gift card.  GoWallet.com is a FREE APP and FREE SERVICE.  We do not charge any fees to manage the cards in your wallet.  You can register your Visa Gift Card for FREE at GoWallet.com so that you can use it online, track your balance, and redeem the gift card value at participating retailers.

Note that Visa Gift cards do charge transaction fees.  This is why your card had the lower balance.  The transaction fees can and will vary depending on the issuing bank.

Thank you for using the free services and benefits of GoWallet.

Sincerely,