Harbor

• Updated: Tue, April 22, 2014

• Reported By: MPJ7008 — Pasadena California
VISA GIFT CARD
Internet USA

VISA GIFT CARD issued by U.S. Bank National Association Bogus gift card scam Does not say on the back of the card Internet

I went to Ralph's Grocery on March 16,2014 to purchase a Visa Gift card for my Son's birthday. I paid $100.00 and I saw the clerk activate the card. On March 22nd, my Son's birthday I gave my Son the card. He then went to two merchants to use the card and the card was declined. I then took the card and gave him a $100.00 bill. On March 28. 2014 I then called the number on the back of the card 866-952-5653 as instructed(The numbers are so small you need a magnifying glass to read them). After jumping through so many hoops I finally got through. I told them my card was declined. I was given a Fax number (414-341-7600) and told to Fax them a copy of the card along with proof of purchase and the card would be activated.

On March 31,2014 I faxed (a)copies of the card(front & back)along with my (b)receipt from Ralph's Grocery and (c) a letter and my phone number. As of April 21, 2014 I have heard from the Visa Gift card issuer. So, I called just as I did on march 28th. I was asked if I'd faxed the information to the number that was given to me on the 28th. I told them yes and that I had verification that the fax was received. I was told to send the fax again! Which will be another $6.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2014 01:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VISA-GIFT-CARD/internet/VISA-GIFT-CARD-issued-by-US-Bank-National-Association-Bogus-gift-card-scam-Does-not-say-1140649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VISA GIFT CARD