Complaint Review: VIVITAR CAMERA COMPANY

• Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: yomall — ESSEX United Kingdom
VIVITAR CAMERA COMPANY

VIVITAR CAMERA COMPANY SAKAR CORPORATE RIP OFF Internet

I contacted Vivitar/Sakar for the repair and/or trading in of my DVR 410 Vivitar digital camera which I had earlier got from them by trading in my DVR 310. To my suprise the company said I should take it to where I bought it even after informing them that I got it directly from them on payment of additional 60 or so and as such there is no shop I could take it to. I sent another mail with a repairer's mail to me that the camera has manufacturer's defect and I should send it to the manufacturer. One Mr Adam replied me by saying that if I could send my camera to them the company would replace it with another Camera which is DVR990HD. I accepted the offer of DVR 990HD and sent my camera to them as directed. But to my suprise and chagrin, I was sent DVR 410ve which is more like a toy to mine. Mine on Amazon site was 54 for used one why the one sent to me was 18! The camera I sent to them also used rechargeable lithium battery while the one they sent uses ordinary battery.  This apart from being a serious breach of contract it amounts to serious corporate irresponsibility. A blatant rip off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2013 04:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIVITAR-CAMERA-COMPANY/internet/VIVITAR-CAMERA-COMPANY-SAKAR-CORPORATE-RIP-OFF-Internet-997040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIVITAR CAMERA COMPANY