Complaint Review: VIVITEK CORP & GEM STAR USA & SHOP NBC

• Updated: Mon, September 07, 2009

• Reported By:Oceanside California
VIVITEK CORP & GEM STAR USA & SHOP NBC
vivitekcorp.com Internet U.S.A.

VIVITEK CORP & GEM STAR USA & SHOP NBC DEFECTIVE VIVITEK OR GEMSTAR TV'S WILL NOT REPAIR Internet

* : Bought the 56" Gemstar hdtv from shopnbc.com

CALLING ALL ELECTRONIC CONSUMERS!!!

I purchase a 56" Big Screen DLP TV from ShopNBC.com and manufactured by Gem Star USA a division of Vivitek and have a defective TV that the manufacture will not repair. This piece of crap starting turning itself on and off randamly out of no were and the picture started flickering and color faded to black and white. I contacted Vivitek through thier Tech Support line and they swore up and down that my bulb was to blame! Well it's not the bulb and now that the TV is out of warrenty they tell me it is the Optical Engine and to repair it would be a cost of almost $900!!! I paid over two grand for this piece of crap and now they want me to pay for thier defective product. It appears that they just do what ever they can to bullshit you until the warrenty runs out and then your stuck! I asked to speak to someone in managment and they dont give out the corporate number... what kind of company is this??? They did give me an email address that is just rerouted to Tech Support. Dont wast your money on this company and wind up like me. ShopNbc.com wants nothing to do with this and keeps reffering me over to the manufacture who just gives me the run around. THESE TWO COMPANIES ARE FRAUDS AND THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY!!

Joe
Oceanside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2007 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIVITEK-CORP-GEM-STAR-USA-SHOP-NBC/internet/VIVITEK-CORP-GEM-STAR-USA-SHOP-NBC-DEFECTIVE-VIVITEK-OR-GEMSTAR-TVS-WILL-NOT-REPAIR-I-231662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIVITEK CORP & GEM STAR USA & SHOP NBC

#1

Bought the 56" Gemstar hdtv from shopnbc.com

AUTHOR: lostrobby - (USA)

I too bought the 56" Gemstar 1080P hdtv (June of 07) and have had it in my possession till now (september of 09). The tv works great, never had a problem with it. Have had to replace the bulb 2 times at a cost of $100 each and replaced the filter 3 times which were $10 each.

I love this tv! The amazing picture and sheer size makes for quite the wow factor for the room. Paid a low for the time... $2899 for the tv and stand.

I am currently moving in with a loved one who does not appreciate gadgetry the way I do and I'm being asked to tone it down for the new place. So I'm selling the tv that hasn't given me any problem (and stand) for a kool $950 because of the rates of the new technologies available at the stores.

Thanks,