Complaint Review: VIZIO Television

• Reported By: Dudley — Cohutta Georgia United States of America
VIZIO Television
320A Kalmus Drive Costa Mesa, California United States of America

VIZIO Television Vizio (must be greek for junk) Costa Mesa, California

*Author of original report: Lesson learned

*Consumer Comment: Go ahead and dissagree.

*Consumer Comment: I disagree

*Consumer Comment: Yes, vizio is crap. And yes, you needed the warranty.

I'm a exmarine who has limited funds.I saved up for a flat screen tv.I chose the vizio 46".Wal-mart roll back the price to $800.00.This tv replaced a RCA XL100 I bought in Okinawa Japan in 1990.One of the main reasons I chose the Vizio was they're claim to being the only American tv company.I gave the RCA to a guy I work with,which he is still watching.14 months after the purchase both power boards in the tv went out.The shop informed me this will cost $400.00 to $500.00 dollars to repair.I was afraid to put that much money into a tv that I'm already having trouble with,so into the dumpster it went.Vizio told me I should of purchased the extended warranty.I think I should of purchased a different name brand.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2009 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIZIO-Television/Costa-Mesa-California-/VIZIO-Television-Vizio-must-be-greek-for-junk-Costa-Mesa-California-539368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIZIO Television

Lesson learned

AUTHOR: Dudley - (United States of America)

I'm currently on the hunt for a tv to replace the Vizio.No real hurry I have 3 other sets which when I purchased them I didn't buy the extended warranty.But no matter what name brand I buy I will get the extended warranty.I'm 47 years old and have never purchased an extended warranty on anything.This includes cars,trucks,and even homes.I have always tried to buy quality,never really been unsatisfied,but in these times when companies are trying to cut cost any way possible a lot of times they sacrifice quality.Its buyer beware.Especially on a lot of these new companies.Who have yet to really prove themselves.

Go ahead and dissagree.

AUTHOR: Ceadda - (U.S.A.)

And you can get screwed when a tv breaks too. I didnt say buy all the extended warranties. I said when your buying an 800$ tv and the warranty is 60$. BUY IT. 3 years of no worries is worth 60$ when the product costs that much.

No, you dont need to buy those stupid warranties on dvd players or old tube tvs or ipods.. mp3 players. They dont cost that much why bother.

Do you drive around in a car with no insurance? Why? CAUSE THEIR EXPENSIVE AND SO ARE TVS.

I disagree

AUTHOR: ralee@telusplanet.net - (Canada)

I Disagree about EXT warranties, my Vizio died early, I am sure some poor guy bought it refurbished. I replaced ity with an LG and am glad I did not buy the warranty. Waste of money in my case, in fact if I had bought all the service plans and stuff over the years I would be way worse off, they are a bad bet.

Yes, vizio is crap. And yes, you needed the warranty.

AUTHOR: Ceadda - (U.S.A.)

I usualy warn people not to buy them. So many of them break they actually have a refurbished program with walmart to get rid of the repaired ones at a slight discount. Bad sign, really bad sign.

On the other hand, vizio is right about one thing. The warranty. It's an 800$ tv. The warranty was $60 or less at walmart. WTH would you pass on it? 60$ would have given you a full coverage warranty for 3 years (1yr vizio 2 walmart) and added lighting strike protection. Flat panel TV's are extremely complicated and extremely breakable. Why are people so danged cheap and wont pick up a warranty? It's not like best buy where they want 150 or 200$ for it...

No matter what brand you replace it with. BUY THE WARRANTY