Complaint Review: VIZIO

• Updated: Fri, June 01, 2012

• Reported By: nancy — antioch California USA
VIZIO
39 TESLA IRVINE, California 92618 Internet United States of America

VIZIO HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN MY DAUGHTER BOUGHT A 46 AND I BOUGHT A 30 WITHIN 2 YEARS BOTH WENT BLACK SCREENS AND CAN NOT BE REPAIRED HERS WENT 2 WEEKS AFTER WARRANTY, COSTCO DID NOT CARE NOR DOES VIZIO DO NOT BUY THIS TV VIZIO CAN NOT BE FIXED HAVE TO THROW AWAY AFTER ONE YEAR Internet

*Consumer Comment: Know your product

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: guess what

*Consumer Comment: COSTCO is not at fault here.

*Consumer Comment: Vizio

Please do not buy a VIZIO TV, after one year my daughters 46 inch died and they said too bad, it was one week after the warranty, the repair man said can not be fixed, has to be thrown out. I bought one too as they loved theirs and mine just burned out too - black screen of death no one will help me. What a waste of our hard earned money. I have a Sony that is 25 years old and still works perfect, never has been to the repair shop. I am so upset as I am on a limited income due to a disability and can not afford another TV and now I am in bed with nothing to do all because I bought this terrible TV. I trusted Costco to provide good products and will not buy any electronics there any more. Shame on them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2011 11:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIZIO/internet/VIZIO-HAD-THE-SAME-THING-HAPPEN-MY-DAUGHTER-BOUGHT-A-46-AND-I-BOUGHT-A-30-WITHIN-2-YEARS-B-755507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIZIO

Know your product

AUTHOR: chefabe - (United States of America)

Ma'am...your ignorance is showing.
You are comparing a Sony TV (the "old-style" tube-type) with an HDTV. That is like comparing a Saturn car with a Model T. Yep..they both have 4 wheels -- must be the same.
Your HDTV has computer-like components in it that the Sony doesn't.
The 'black screen of death'? Nice theatrics! Did you even take the time to perhaps ask another tech for an opinion? Maybe the tech you spoke to was feeling lazy and didn't want to hunt around for the part to fix said TV?
Costco offers an additional year of warranty on their electronic products. Are you still within that two year time frame? Did you even bother to call Costco to ask for help in getting your problem resolved?
Being on a limited income I can understand your frustration but, ma'am, there are avenues for you if you use them.
My experiences with Vizio have not always been positive BUT I am a satisfied repeat customer because instead of running to my computer to post a complaint on RipoffReport.com I called Costco and Vizio and asked for some help! Do you know that story about attracting flies with honey? Yeah..I was frustrated but what good does taking it out on the voice on the phone do? I was nice and you know what? I was taken care of! I was even sent an HDMI cable for my troubles.
There isn't a company in the world that has Never had a problem. My Sony HDTV crapped out after a week. I returned it and got a Vizio.
Ma'am...please call Vizio or Costco and see what they can do for you. You may be surprised!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

guess what

AUTHOR: Kieshia - (United States of America)

I worked for Vizio and its a sony TV with a Vizio case. I understand that no one likes this but no company does free repairs. They cover for the first year and you have a option to buy an extended service plan. Someone should have troubleshooted and asked about the light on the TV that should always glow in the newer modles if the light stopped glowing then there was a problem with the circut board. I am sorry this happened to you however and I know that it doesn't seem fair but if the warrenty is over and you did nothing to protect yourself then this is shame on you.  And people Vizio is a BRAND name product like SONY. The diffrence is that if you look online VIZIO stands behind products that are A) under warrenty and B) not damaged caused by a customer or act of GOD!

COSTCO is not at fault here.

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

VIZIO is one of many cheaply made televisions on the market today.  It CAN be repaired, it will just cost as much to buy a new one.  COSTCO is just a retailer.  Where will you buy your next television?  There is a good chance that VIZIO is sold there also.  Are you going to boycott every retailer that sells VIZIO?

You roll the dice when you buy cheap products but, these companies help drive the cost down on well made brand name products  by flooding the market with affordable products.  Also, there is no garantee that the more expensive one wont fail within a year.  A fixable TV is one that the cost is higher therefore you are not willing to throw it out.  Disposable electronics is the way of the future.  COSTCO will be more than happy to sell you an extended warrantee.

Vizio

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Your always taking a chance when you buy product from a no name company with not much of a track record.