• Report: #198251

• Submitted: Mon, June 26, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, August 23, 2006

• Reported By:Huntsville Alabama
VMC SATELLITE, DISH NETWORK
VMC SATELLITE Nationwide U.S.A.

VMC SATELLITE, DISH NETWORK Dish network says no fees. But VMC threatening for money Ripoff Virginia Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: VMC Satellite is possibly in financial trouble

I had a DISH network connection and it got removed because of some installation issues from DISH network. So dish network waived off the early termination fees (got emails saying this from dish network) and i returned the equipment as they requested.

Now i got another Bill from VMC saying i need to pay the termination fee to them. I contacted DISH network again and they are saying i shouldn't be charged for any fees since all are waived.

I again called VMC and they were in a threatening tone now.They says we have to make the payment as soon as possible (even though DISH network says not required) and they will send it to collection agency if we do one more call to their 1-800 number. I don't know how they can survive with such a bad customer support. I also noted that the review report in their website is fake since they never posted my feedback. They will make their own feedback and post in their website.

So one advice to all of you...Never get a connection from DISH network even though they are good. VMC is going to screw you later...

Anybody needs more information on this..please contact me. I am happy to share the entire history..

Rajeev
Huntsville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2006 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VMC-SATELLITE-DISH-NETWORK/nationwide/VMC-SATELLITE-DISH-NETWORK-Dish-network-says-no-fees-But-VMC-threatening-for-money-Ripof-198251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VMC SATELLITE, DISH NETWORK

#1 Consumer Suggestion

VMC Satellite is possibly in financial trouble

AUTHOR: Ernest - (U.S.A.)

One of the reasons you're being threatened by VMC (Tariq "Rick" Rahim, et al) is because they could possibly be in financial trouble.

Rick Rahim was busted by police in Great Falls, Virginia on December 23, 2005 conducting an illegal poker game in his home. The man has a serious gambling problem and is notorious in the poker circles around the country.

I would suggest you give the Attorney General a call in Virginia and ask them how to file a complaint against Rick Rahim and VMC, et al.

I don't promote VMC Satellite any more. As a matter of fact, whenever I get an affiliate enquiry into my forums, I try to steer them away from VMC and go with a legitimate company.

There are other legitimate retailers in the U.S. who resell Dish Network, and Rick Rahim just comes across as a middle eastern con artist.

Every time I have called, written by Registered Mail, I have never gotten a reply back from him.

Only on one occasion did I manage to catch him on a conference call and BOY! When he heard my name, DID WE LOCK HORNS!

I won't feed you any BS. To say that Rick Rahim and the business practices (and customer service) of VMC is "shady" is being polite - just bordering on libel.

But Mr. Rahim's pecadillos are documented on the Washington Post's website. You can do a search for "Rick Rahim" and it will pull up an article dated December 23, 2005.

Title of the article is:

Fairfax Poker Game Is Raided; 2 Charged
House Was Taking a Cut, Police Say

By Ian Shapira
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, December 23, 2005

Pulling up a search on "Rick Rahim" on Google will also provide you with some real eye openers.

This guy's dirtier than a rat chewing on a Cheeto!

Ernest