Complaint Review: VMC Satellite-Dish Network

• Submitted: Tue, September 06, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, September 08, 2005

• Reported By:west covina California
VMC Satellite-Dish Network
10205 Colvin Run Road Great Falls, Virginia U.S.A.

VMC Satellite-Dish Network RIPOFF Deceptive information/Charging $290 Great Falls Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Please File a Complaint

I was lead to believe that they offered a month to month satellite service and on the contract that was brought to my house, I checked the box declining term agreement option. Yet when I tried to cancel, they were extremely unprofessional and even told me that they couldn't do anything and to sue them. They even admitted that alot of people were confused and upset about their deceptive website and that now they had a new first page, but still told me they wouldn't allow me out of the contract. I spoke to numerous customer service employees and they were all unprofessional and could care less, telling me to do whatever. Extremely deceptive when you think you are dealing with one professional company, turns out that you are dealing with 2 companies, both which want to charge you over $200 penalty each. They said as soon as I click submit that I was bound by the terms and agreements, but how do you know what they are until you click?

Thomas
West Covina, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2005 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VMC-Satellite-Dish-Network/Great-Falls-Virginia-22066/VMC-Satellite-Dish-Network-RIPOFF-Deceptive-informationCharging-290-Great-Falls-Virginia-156169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VMC Satellite-Dish Network

Please File a Complaint

AUTHOR: S - (U.S.A.)

Hello Thomas,

I was in the same situation month ago. Please go to this website "http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/consumer.htm" and file a official complaint with the Fairfax County Consumer Protection department. VMC Satellite is doing this for a while and they need to stop!!!