Complaint Review: VMC

• Submitted: Sat, May 10, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, July 06, 2003

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
VMC
2710 Properity Avenue #100 Fairfax, Virginia U.S.A.

VMC Satellite Dish Network deceptive ripoff scam company from hell Fairfax Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Does anyone know how many lawsuits are pending against Wal-Mart?

*Consumer Suggestion: COME SEE THE LIGHT

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't let the theives off the hook

*Consumer Suggestion: That's where my "clear thinking"....

*Consumer Comment: Kinder from Littleton Colorado may be more than a consumer

*Consumer Suggestion: Not thinking clearly

*Author of original report: Thanks for NOT addressing...........

*UPDATE Employee: Have you had a chance to read your contract.

I received Dish Network through the VMC Satellite website. For the 7 months we had the service, we had at least 5 service calls due to no reception.

When we moved, in Feb. 2003, the new place was not suited to having the satellite....so we cancelled the service.

Within days, my bank account was thrown into chaos by a sudden withdrawal of $240. When I called they stated it was all in the contract and they would ship boxes to me for the 3 receiivers we had to ship back to them.

Needless to say, my account was accessed AGAIN for over $500!! They stated it was for the equipment and would be returned to me after they received the boxes - which we in transit to them. Closed an account that had been in good stating for 30 years!! Why they made 3 separate desposits, to put it back in my account, confused the bank totally. Especially when they withdrew it in one lump sum.

Now I have received an EXTREMELY threatening letter from VMC demanding $290 because I broke the contract with Dish network!! WTF?? They have stated the are sending my "debt" to their "extremely good" collection agency. Oh, and this agency gets what they go after!!

I thought I was done with this s**t when my account was accessed - WITHOUT notice - for $240!! Now VMC says the site "contract" states I would owe this, if I cancelled before the 12 months was up.

What is up with all of this?? Why must I pay 2 different companies for one d**n service?? As far as I am concerned, they will have to take me to court. In the mean time, i will contact an attorney, the District Attorney, whoever the hell I have to, to get these d**n people off my back!! Outragous!!!!!!!

Viki
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2003 10:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VMC/Fairfax-Virginia-22031/VMC-Satellite-Dish-Network-deceptive-ripoff-scam-company-from-hell-Fairfax-Virginia-56462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VMC

Does anyone know how many lawsuits are pending against Wal-Mart?

AUTHOR: Luke - (U.S.A.)

The larger the organization the more customer complaints are filed.

As a Dish Retailer, I can tell you the contacts we use are written by lawyers with the companies best interest in mind. How else can we provide you with free equipment, installation and 3Months free programming?

If you feel that you have been done an injustice,
Get a lawyer go to court and win. I am confident your lawyer will tell you to pay what you owe and get over it.

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

it is great there are people in Texas have had such great luck with the executive offices of Dishnetwork. I am confused why they would monitor this web site and respond to comments if they are such good fans of Dishnetwork. I do agree with this idiot that the consumer has to be better educated. which I am in the process of doing.
Fairfax Virginia has more than 40 complaints conerning V.M.C. Comunication and V.M.C. satelitte
same company different scam. that have been addresses there is also a undisclosed number of complaints that are currently being investigated.
In fact I was told by a Fairfax consumer affairs investigator V.M.C. officers were summoned to a meeting last summer by Fairfax County Authorites and warned to clean up their act. This can be verified by Contacting the Fairfax Virginia Consumer Affairs office, The Fairfax Virginia District Attorney and The Fairfax Virginia City Managers office.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

COME SEE THE LIGHT

AUTHOR: Kyle - (U.S.A.)

Wow watching your comments make me laugh Hysterically! You all are the most UN educated individuals I have ever read about! I just wanted to throw my opinion in that you have "NO" Case. I have not seen so many incompetent people then I have seen today. I advise you to maybe . . . go back to school. . Learn how to read contracts before you sign them. . . and GET A CLUE! I have filed a complaint with Dish Network which I was sent to the Executive office who took care of the problem RIGHT AWAY. IF you are in the wrong, they will not take care of the problem but in my case they did. All I can say is read a book watch less TV and you little tiny heads can maybe peak out of wonderland.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Don't let the theives off the hook

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

My expereince with the fairfax virgina consumer protection agency has been slow going but I am determined to see them do their job. here are some other agency's that are reported to have some enforcement jurisdiction over V.M.C.
The F.C.C. go to www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html
also while you are at this site there is information on filing complaints with the federal trade commission and the dept. of justice internet fraud complaint center. Rick Rahim ( c.e.o.) and michael lausten ( general manager ) of V.M.C. Satellite must be held accountable for -in my opinion - their criminal actions. I urge any one that has been screwed by this company to file complaints with these agency's.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

That's where my "clear thinking"....

AUTHOR: Vicki - (U.S.A.)

....has led me, Sam! I am doing all that you suggested and will continue to fight these leeches trying to suck hundreds of dollars from me! I encourage EVERYONE else to do the same.....

Kinder from Littleton Colorado may be more than a consumer

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

I find it a little funny in a sick sort of way that Kinder from littleton colorado is such an emotional and well informed consumer who seems to be advocating dishnetwork and V.M.C. Satellites right to cheat their customers, Maybe Kinder from Littleton feels this way because Echostar Communications which owns Dishnetwork just happens to be based in Littleton Colorado, Also. V.M.C. has been reported as selling about a thousand of these woderfull little certificates for dishnetwork each month which they feel gives them the right to go into your account whenever they want. Every one who has had this type of problem with these people should contact the district attorney in their area and the consumer protection agency in their state as well as their state attorney general and the virginia attorney general.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Not thinking clearly

AUTHOR: KINDER - (U.S.A.)

Hello,
I again do not work with Dish Network I am a consumer. YOU HAVE 2 CONTRACTS 1 THROUGH THE RETAILER and 1 THROUGH DISH NETWORK FOR THE SAME THING. Why? Dish Network charges the retailer back therefore you get charged on both ends. Think about it.

Thanks for NOT addressing...........

AUTHOR: Vicki - (U.S.A.)

Any of the concerns raised in my post! I will NOT be charged 2 times for the same thing - pretty simple! Considering all the difficulties I have had, with all companies involved, MY conscious is clear.....

All of you are involved in one of the biggest scams of all times - IMHO, of course. But I see that I am not alone in this thinking.

But, thanks for your useless input.......

Have you had a chance to read your contract.

AUTHOR: Kinder - (U.S.A.)

When you purchase a 1yr contract through a retailer (VMC Satellite) you are expected to maintain services for 12 consecutive months not 10. Dish Network pays a retailer a commission for selling the Dish system via if the customer disconnects Dish Network charges the retailer back. Many retailers make you sign a 12 month agreement with them along with Dish Networks, so when they get charged back for your "non-commitment" they can make up for their losses which you agreed to in both contracts. If you would like a copy contact Dish Network at 1-800-333-3474.