Complaint Review: VMI Marketing, Cydcor

• Submitted: Sun, February 01, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 01, 2009

• Reported By:wheaton Illinois
VMI Marketing, Cydcor
600 Hunter Dr., Oak Brook, Illinois U.S.A.

VMI Marketing, Cydcor Subsidary Unprofessional, Waste of time, Shady, Waste of money, Don't Do it, SCAM Oak Brook Illinois

About two weeks ago, I posted my resume on Careerbuilder.com. I received a couple of emails about it. One of those emails contained a interview for VMI Marketing. Of course, being fresh out of college, I was excited to receive a response to my resume. I contacted VMI via email and set up a first interview.

Upon walking into the room the 'company' was located in, I was immediately thrown off by the amount of other applicants sitting in the waiting room. The receptionist handed me a chart with various contact info about me and what seemed like a poorly constructed personality test. After filling it out, I handed the chart back to the receptionist and waited. A man with slick hair, a fancy suit, and a sly smile greeted me and welcomed me back into his office. He asked me what I was looking for, who I was, stuff like that. Soon after the focus drifted to him and for ten minutes I listened to his life 'story' (emphasis on that word) about how he was like me and went into how he got a job with Mitch Albom and worked for ESPN. After finishing he asked if I had any questions. I said no. He said that he'd call me back within an hour and he did. I accepted the 'second interview', I.E. follow around an employee for a day to see what he/she did.

Upon the second interview, I was introduced to a guy named Steve. We went to the south suburbs and "marketed" Quill.com. I put marketed in quotes because what they considered marketing was door-to-door sales. He would barge into business and pitch his sale regardless if the person wanted to listen to him or not. He even went into places that had no soliciting on the front door. After going around for a bit, we got lunch. I had to pay for my own lunch with MY own money. My thought was that was very unprofessional. He explained to me how the 'structure' works. We kept going around to places and then headed back to the office.

After wasting my day with this guy, I was told to wait in the office again and fill out a "questionnaire" to which my guy gave me all the answers too. After filling it out, I was called into the office with my first interviewer and some woman along with the guy I went out with. They told me that they liked me and they could see me with their company and were "going to skip over the third interview which is something they don't do often". I believed it and said give me the weekend to think it over.

It's now Sunday. I'm not going to take the job after seeing what they do, what has been said about this company, and for my own personal integrity left in tact. If this company contacts you, do not respond back to them. They are a waste of your time. Don't let their fancy names and slick wording persuade you. An "account manager" is a door to door sales man. It's all commission. You pay for your own gas. Don't waste your time with a second interview. It's a waste of your day. Do something more productive. I'm just warning you all. This is a shady company with a shady operation. Get out as soon as possible.

wheaton, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2009 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VMI-Marketing-Cydcor/Oak-Brook-Illinois/VMI-Marketing-Cydcor-Subsidary-Unprofessional-Waste-of-time-Shady-Waste-of-money-Don-418846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VMI Marketing, Cydcor