Complaint Review: VN Auto

• Reported By: Kimberly — Norcross Georgia
VN Auto
3507 Lawrenceville Hwy tucker, Georgia USA

VN Auto broken promise tucker Georgia

I visited V N Auto on Lawrenceville Highway on Saturday, May 18, around 9:30 am. I went to have my ac compressor replaced. I already bought the part from a warehouse in Lawrenceville,GA, so the mechanic(not sure of his name but assuming he was the owner), quoted me the price of $200. I thought this was a reasonable price considering the four-hour labor time it would take. I went to the store to kill time and left my phone number to call when the car is ready. Three hours later I receive a phone call stating the part I bought was defective and to come back to the shop. After arriving, I was told by the mechanic I assume was the owner that I need to take the part back but I had to pay $100 now before I left and when I get the part that I would pay the other $100. I agreed and paid half and told him to write that down on the receipt so he wouldn't forget when I would be back Friday. On Monday, May 20, I took the defective part back to the warehouse where they called V N to speak with the mechanic about what went wrong. The store owner apologized and happily gave me a replacement. I was counting down to Friday as the weeks in Georgia were getting hotter. Finally, on Friday, May 24 at 9:25 am, I arrive at V N where the same mechanic I had last time greeted me with a smile and asked if I was able to get the part replaced. I said yes. He then grabs the keys from me and sits in the car to pull it around. Before he does that, he looks and me and says, "You might have to pay a little extra because we have to take off the other part, gonna be about $100 more". "This is not what you told me last time", I said. "Yea I told you. You still want me to do it?" "I guess, but this is not what we agreed to last week". I go inside the shop and call my significant other to explain to him the situation. He also wanted to know why he was charging me extra because that was not my fault I had a faulty part. This would now mean my total has raised from $200 to $300. I wanted to explain the situation to another mechanic that was also working alongside him on my carast week. He understood where I was coming from and apologized but not soon after the other mechanic comed inside and tries to argue with me, leaving him in the middle. I then decide to tell them I just want my keys and that I would find somewhere else to go. I have never been made to be a liar before and this was one of the most humiliating experiences I have ever been in. When I think about what happened to me at the shop, I made sure I filed a report in hopes of exposing their unprofessionalism and lack of customer service. I have seen on Fox 5 news the specials on auto repair shops swindling people, especially females, out of theire hard earned money. I did not just want to be another one, but wanted to be proactive and be one of the voices for those who did not take a stand.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2013 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VN-Auto/tucker-Georgia-30084/VN-Auto-broken-promise-tucker-Georgia-1053523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VN Auto