Complaint Review: VONAGE

• Submitted: Sun, June 07, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 08, 2009

• Reported By:Newburgh New York
VONAGE
23 MAIN ST Holmdel, New Jersey U.S.A.

VONAGE FILING A LAWSUIT AGAINST VONAGE Holmdel New Jersey

*Author of original report: VONAGE CLOSED MY ACCOUNT ZEROED ALL BALANCES AND DID NOT CHARGE DISCONNECT FEES!

*Author of original report: CONTACTED VONAGE CORP AND MY LAWYER WILL ADVISE WHAT HAPPENS

*Consumer Comment: You're Right!!

Hello all,

My account # with this company is (Account Number: *********) and I have contacted my lawyer in regards to the illegal practices of this company. I joined vonage several years ago when none of these bogus contracts rules existed and therefore I am not under obligation to be forced into anything with this company. I called them to cancel my service and they told me that none of my passwords were correct and they could not access my account.

I hung up and called back and stated that I wanted to make sure that they had the correct credit card number on file and gave them the same passwords and they confirmed which cc I had on file. This is proof that they could access my account. The pretended they couldn't when I wanted to cancel. I called my lawyer and explained to him that they play games and hang up on you or put you on hold for 30 min or they pretend they are the managers when you call.

I have called my local news station and requested for them to do a cover story on vonage and we are working out the details and of course I will be referring people to the over 400 complaints on rippoffreports.com. My lawyer advised to call them one more time to request the account be closed and if not we will be sending a letter to the headquarters and then I will be filing a lawsuit in small-claims court to sue for damages and harrassement.

They have put my phone number in a computer which calls my cell phone repeatedly for about 30 minutes a day. (Pure harrassement) when you call them back they give you a sob story that none of the passwords that you gave work. If I set the passwords surely I would know them but for some strange wicked reason when they need payment info your password works.

For all of you demons who have nice things to say about this company you should all let me pour you a nice drink. I hope you all share the same jail when this company goes under. I will be calling them monday and after that I will be following up with the local news and then if my account is not closed and no further charges are added then I will file a claim in small-claims court and we will see what they can and cannot remember then.

Victory
Newburgh, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2009 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VONAGE/Holmdel-New-Jersey-07733/VONAGE-FILING-A-LAWSUIT-AGAINST-VONAGE-Holmdel-New-Jersey-459378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VONAGE

Dear Christopher,

In reference to our conversation, I will waive the $64.56 outstanding balance from your account. In addition, your account will be disconnected today. Since you had the account active for over 2 years you will not be charged the disconnection fee. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Sultan BurchExecutive Response TeamVONAGE |
23 Main Street | Holmdel, NJ 07733
M-F 10:30am -7:00pm
ESTTel: 888-580-4020 Ext. 21996
Fax: 732-231-6783

Dear Prepaid Legal,

I acquised services with Vonage of 23 main st, Holmdel, NJ 07733 on February 23, 2007. At that time no contracts existed this was a month to month service with a free trial period of 90 days and my first 3 months free. I purchased their services and was told that they needed my credit card info for future billings and that my 90 of services were free.

This company charged my account for the 90 days of services despite their advertisement of a free introductory offer. This is proof of the many deceptive practices of this company as a whole. In Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May and June I have called several times to disconnect my services with Vonage. I paid my account in full and requested for them to close my account and they stated they would close my account but they have not closed my account.

When I call them they will not talk to me and just hang up and they are continuing to make attempts to debit my bank account of which they do not have authorization. I have notified my bank to stop all transactions from this company. This company has put my phone number in a computer generated system which calls my cell phone relentlessly using my cell phone minutes. When I called them and requested for them to remove my number from their calling list they stated that the manager was busy and they could not locate them.

Although I have NOT retained Prepaid Legal Services at this time however I am giving you the authorization to contact this company via telephone or letter demanding them to close my account with a zero balance and no cancellation fees per the original agreement when I purchased their services. If not I will be advised of my legal rights. And in accordance with Prepaid Legal services I have contacted the local news for coverage if this matter is not resolved to my satisfaction.

You're Right!!

AUTHOR: Jersey_guy_732 - (U.S.A.)

I was a former employee of Vonage and although the service is great (providing you have an internet connection that can handle it), their customer service, especially their "account management department", sucks! The AM Dept in mainly located in the Phillipines and they will lie to you to keep you from terminating your service, this is something that they are taught....And they are very good at it too. I wish you luck, if this goes to court, but they do have their Terms of Service, which protects them. You could try contacting (you or your lawyer) their Executive Response Team, they will be able to resolve issues like these and they are located in New Jersey. But, either way, I wish you luck.