Complaint Review: VONAGE

• Updated: Tue, June 17, 2008

• Reported By:Howe Indiana
vonage.com Nationwide U.S.A.

VONAGE VONAGE - One of the World's Biggest Rip-offs Holmdel New Jersey

In January 2008 I spoke with a Vonage sales rep regarding the internet phone service. I was promised everything under the sun. (Maybe it was sun spots that caused all the terrible service I received!

Since the beginning I had nothing but reception quality problems. First it was not Vonage's problem, it was my service provider. I provided my service provider all the guidelines for their service to work. Still terrible quality. I paid more to my service provider to increase the speed (broadband with, etc.). Still very bad service.

I called Vonage "Tech Support" - "Take two aspirins and go to bed". Too bad they don't speak English". Then they offered me "free" service. It might have been free from charges, but not free of aggravations - still poor quality service after they supposedly "fixed" the problem.

Finally my account was assigned my own "Account Representative" with a Toll Free number and a direct extension. Hey that was good? Now I can call someone direct, leave a message and wait for them to call me back. Wow - what a surprise!

Today I called again to speak with a technical rep. A service tech was supposed to contact me by 6:00PM. 6:30 PM, still no call. I called back - service tech had to go - will call me tomorrow.

Well - I finally had it - I canceled the service. I was informed that there would be a $93 charge since it was past 30 days. I told them it was worth it just to get rid of the service. Once the account was terminated, it was less than one minute than the charge hit my bank. NOW THAT WAS SERVICE!!!

Like the old saying says "If it seems too good to be true - it propably is".

Howe, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2008 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VONAGE/nationwide/VONAGE-VONAGE-One-of-the-Worlds-Biggest-Rip-offs-Holmdel-New-Jersey-341282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VONAGE