Complaint Review: VONAGE

• Submitted: Tue, September 01, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, September 01, 2009

• Reported By: allfakesmiles — North Carolina USA
VONAGE
vonage returns bbb international 1100 towbin avenue lakewood nj new jersey, New Jersey United States of America

VONAGE VONAGE is not worth it. Please do not use it. Vonage Ripoff at the time of canceling the account, they keep on automatically charging you. new jersey, New Jersey

Listen to my Story you will learn something new Thrust me ^_-:

I Change over  to Vonage  on 07/28/09, found out their service sucks after 14 days of having them, So i called my old Phone company back (Time Warner) on 08/14/09 and they said changes were not going to take effect until  08/28/09 which is exactly the last day of my 30ths day free trial period at Vonage, here is what you might not know listen carefully  my phone company submitted a PORT OUT REQUEST  and sends  it to VONAGE so they can start doing the necessary changes before transferring to my old phone company   since I was keeping the same phone #,  (Now this is very important if you just call Vonage to cancel you account the phone # will be drop and you will not be able to get it back.)

I Called Vonage an asked them to give me the date in which they received the PORT OUT REQUEST from the phone company Im with now (Time Warner) this way I can validate if my account was  send to be terminated Before/or on the 30ths day.

They put me on hold for a good while and then decided to give me my money back,  I kept pushing it by asking for them to send me an e-mail validating the date they received the PORT OUT REQUEST from TIME WARNER -they said they could not give out such INFORMATION.

AT last I was told to ship the equipment back but the CUSTOMER SERVICE agent Did not tell me The following:

[All Phone Adapter returns must include a Return Authorization Voucher (RA Voucher).]

Additional information:

Time Warner told they started charging me from the time my phone line was transferred over to them

Which is was on the 08/28/09.

According to Vonage, they did not cancel my account until  09/01/09 which is 4 days after the day of my 30 day trial period which ended on 08/28/09.

(-_-)  i have Proof from TIME WARNER and the date they submitted the Port out request.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2009 10:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VONAGE/new-jersey-New-Jersey-/VONAGE-VONAGE-is-not-worth-it-Please-do-not-use-it-Vonage-Ripoff-at-the-time-of-cancelin-488592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VONAGE