Complaint Review: VORTAL GROUP

• Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: hcriley — Toronto Ontario Canada
VORTAL GROUP

VORTAL GROUP policeauctions.com sold fake jewelry on the internet Internet

*Consumer Comment: How can we stop these thieves??

I bought 7 pieces of jewelry at a police auction on the internet using my credit card.
The jewelry had a total "Buy Direct Price" of $13,790.  I bid and paid $700. for the lot.

The jewelry arrived in Canada and I took them to a jewelry store.  The pieces contained fake diamonds, and gold plate on stainless steel.

Their values were totally misrepresented on the internet.

In order to return them to the company, I will have to pay a re-stocking fee of 15%.

It is inconceivable that the Vortal Group is permitted to represent itself as an agent of a US police department in order to sell fake merchandise on the internet.

I am considering legal action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VORTAL-GROUP/internet/VORTAL-GROUP-policeauctionscom-sold-fake-jewelry-on-the-internet-Internet-992585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VORTAL GROUP

How can we stop these thieves??

AUTHOR: JaneStrange - (United States of America)

I too was robbed from these thieves, sold me earrings and a necklace that were supposed to be MUCH bigger, earrings arrived broken, they were supposedly $2,695 earrings my jeweler said he'd give me $30 for them. They have set up fake companies, like LOLO & CO, that lead ppl to believe this jewelry is worth a ridiculous amount of $$, and they r doing it under the name Police auction. And yes, then I was supposed to pay %15 restock fee, cuz they sent me BROKEN earrings????  is there no way we can stop this??