Complaint Review: VOX TRAIL, LTD

• Submitted: Mon, September 15, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 15, 2008

• Reported By:Odessa Texas
VOX TRAIL, LTD
Saw Grass Village Circle Suite 30 Pointe Verdra Beach, Florida U.S.A.

VOX TRAIL, LTD thru the internet this company adds charges to your phone bill that you did not order Pointe Verdra Beach Florida

While checking my phone bill (A T &T) I noticed a charge of $14.95 billed as a 3rd party charge. Further examination showed that this charge was for a Voice Mail Box that I did not order. I then found that I had also been billed for this service for the prior month with total charges of $29.90.

Upon contacting my phone service provider I learned that this company had invoiced my phone company for this service and that the phone company has to accept this charge from VOX TRAIL. LTD as it is a federal law that the major providers can not refuse a invoice from a "smaller service provider" under penalty of fines up to $15,000.00 and then pass these charges back to the consumer on their phone bill.

A T & T then informed me that they had received numerous complaints in reference to this and that one of the ways VOX TRAIL, LTD gets "your" approval for this service is through e-mails and that their e-mail has a small box that is already checked saying that you accept this service. If you do not "uncheck" this box you are approving this service and charge. I do not open any e-mails from someone that I do not know and still got charged for this service. So beware!!!

I did contact VOX TRAIL, LTD and they cancelled my "account" and was assured that I would be cedited for the two months of charges. Not a big problem, but unnecessary! My phone company credited my account, but the unscrupulous practices by VOX TRAIL, LTD fringes on consumer fruad and if you do not check your phone bill close you will be paying for services you did not order, want or need.

Carl
Odessa, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2008 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VOX-TRAIL-LTD/Pointe-Verdra-Beach-Florida-32082/VOX-TRAIL-LTD-thru-the-internet-this-company-adds-charges-to-your-phone-bill-that-you-did-372967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VOX TRAIL, LTD