Complaint Review: VPS.NET

• Updated: Thu, February 27, 2014

• Reported By: Jake — new york city New York
VPS.NET
VPS.net, 517 W. 100 N, Suite #225 Providence, Utah USA

VPS.NET, UK2 Group Are Scammer, They Steal Your Data And Ask For Ransom VPS.NET Stole my company files and they threatened me if I dont send them money they will upload my files to Internet

VPS.NET is scam company, They steal your data and ask for ransom.

I bought a VPS from VPS.NET and I chat with sale guy "Braiden H" and he told me, their VPS is on cloud and I can pay the rent monthly.

We agreed to pay $80 for VPS to be hosted with them.

Long story short after a few week, when I upload a database with important information of my company. I got an email from this guy "Braiden H" and he was asking me to pay for VPS annually, It means $960 which I refused, after he persists too much, I told him that I will move my data somewhere else, and then thats when this company showed its true face, he took my VPS down and said he will remove my data if they dont get the money by the end of week.

He was asking money to be sent to him by western union.

Since I had back-up of the latest file on my PC, I told him to do whatever he likes , and I will not pay him a penny. I have already paid them for 1 month, and I didn't even completely use it after 2 days he sent me another email and told me I have to pay him $960 for servers and another $960 for wasting his time other wise he will upload my files in torrents and any file-sharing sites he knows...

These guys are terrible, never do business with them.
Braiden H is a horrible scammer, their CEO probably get a share from the ransoms. Stay away from VPS.NET and you will be safe.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VPSNET/Providence-Utah-84332/VPSNET-UK2-Group-Are-Scammer-They-Steal-Your-Data-And-Ask-For-Ransom-VPSNET-Stole-my-1127004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VPS.NET