Complaint Review: Vacation Network, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, December 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 05, 2010

• Reported By:Columbiana Alabama
Vacation Network, Inc.
4210 Columbia Rd Suite 12-A Martinez, Georgia Anguilla

Vacation Network, Inc. Have not refunded membership fee. Not a good value Martinez Georgia

*General Comment: Question

My husband and I attended the sales presentation after receiving offers for free airline tickets. I had reviewed the reports on this website and other "scam" sites, but we decided that we would check this out for ourselves. After the presentation, we purchased the membership that included "the right to purchase 2 weeks of vacation per year" for $4299.00. After getting home and reviewing the documents, as well as pricing some of the locations that were mentioned in the presentation, we decided this was not a good value. The yearly fees were as much as some of the vacations would have cost. We attempted to make a reservation and were told that they would not even check on the possibility because there was not a 60 day advanced notice, even though the sales person in the presentation told us that they would always check for last minute bookings if it weren't busy season. This was confirmation to us that we did not want to continue with this membership.

We contacted our attorney, who advised us to rescind the contract immediately. We sent the right to rescission letter and sent it via certified mail on November 5, 2008. I called to follow up and could not get anybody to return my calls. After informing the receptionist that our attorney would be calling, we finally received a message from a gentlemen stating that our refund would be processed on December 13, 2008. Today is December 19, 2008. I have called the corporate office and have been told that I would have to leave messages. I have not received a return phone call and have not received my refund.

$4299 wasted!
Columbiana, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2008 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vacation-Network-Inc/Martinez-Georgia-30907/Vacation-Network-Inc-Have-not-refunded-membership-fee-Not-a-good-value-Martinez-Georgia-403303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vacation Network, Inc.

#1 General Comment

Question

AUTHOR: Patty - (U.S.A.)

Did you ever get your money refunded?  We're out $5,000 as well.