Complaint Review: Vacation Property Marketing, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, August 09, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By: Southfork — Manvel Texas United States of America
Vacation Property Marketing, Inc.
5401 S. Kirkman Road. Suite 502 Orlando, Florida United States of America

Vacation Property Marketing, Inc. Promised assistance in marketing, selling and or renting my timeshare. Orlando , Florida

On September 16, 2011, I was contacted by representative from Vacation Property Marketing, Inc.
concerning selling and or renting my timeshare.  The sales pitch that ensued seemed very promising and legite.
I understood that VPM would market my timeshare to upcoming conferences, conventions, etc. being held in the Las Vegas area.  I understood there would be a marketing fee.
That fee was explained to total $1000.  I questioned other relevant information necessary to make an informed decision.  In addition, I searched additional information on the VPM website.  All information, customer reviews seemed positive.  I committed to paying only half of the $1000 marketing fee.  The remaining $500 would be paid once the timeshare was rented or sold.
I have had extreme difficulty in contacting personnel at VPM.  When contact was made to VPM customer service rep. Victoria Thomas she stated that the property was still being advertised but no offers.
Called back a week later customer service rep. by the name of Mike stated the property was still active but no offers.  He suggested lowering the rental cost to which I agreed.
Since September 16, 2011, I have had not one, repeat not one call from VPM to inform me of the status of my agreement with them.  I have called numerous times only to get a voicemail stating staff is on another call, leave message.  It is now August 10, 2012 and still nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 11:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vacation-Property-Marketing-Inc/Orlando-Florida-32819/Vacation-Property-Marketing-Inc-Promised-assistance-in-marketing-selling-and-or-rentin-925187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vacation Property Marketing, Inc.