Complaint Review: Vacation Sales And Marketing

6586 Highway 40 East, Suite B7-237 ST. MARY'S, Georgia United States of America
  • Phone: 866-993-87
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Vacation Sales And Marketing Promises Everything - Delivers Nothing Windham, New Hampshire

*General Comment: Telemarketing Scam

*Consumer Suggestion: I also received the promised refund

*Consumer Suggestion: I received the promised refund

Vacation Sales and Marketing required $900 up front for the privilege of offering my resort timeshare in Hawaii to potential renters. Because this resort trades for points, it is the most flexible arrangement possible. They could have rented the actual Hawaii resort or any resort worldwide within the RCI exchange company. The point value would even rent several small units instead of one large one.

My contract guaranteed a full refund if the rental did not occur within 6 months. I was told that that would never be needed since my timeshare offered the most flexible of arrangements.

Well, they failed to rent my timeshare. I followed their stated refund request procedure, sending a written request by certified mail, return receipt requested. VSAM signed for my letter on March 24, 2009. It is customary to take 6-8 weeks to process the refund. When the check did not materialize, I began calling.

Many excuses were made. They admitted that the process had not yet begun (mail room problems held up my request letter) The representative said that she would file my request that day and 6-8 weeks later, I would receive my check. I called several times in the interim, each time being told that I was definitely going to receive a check. Finally, I was promised the check would be mailed on July 24th. Hallelujah!

Today is August 15th. I have not received a check. Calls to VSAM go to voice mail. No one returns my calls. I have filed a complaint with the Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs.

Do not even consider doing business with this deceptive company. If they didn't rent my top-of-the-line timeshare, what are they renting?? What is their REAL business?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2009 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vacation-Sales-And-Marketing/ST-MARYS-Georgia-31558/Vacation-Sales-And-Marketing-Promises-Everything-Delivers-Nothing-Windham-New-Hampshi-480436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vacation Sales And Marketing

#1 General Comment

Telemarketing Scam

AUTHOR: Crystal - (U.S.A.)

The state Division of Consumer Services has charged a South Daytona businesswoman with soliciting telemarketing sales without a license and employing unlicensed telemarketers.

Diane E. Crosby, 56, of Daytona Beach and her unlicensed employees are accused of soliciting telemarketing sales at Vacation Concepts, 345 Beville Road, Suite 109, South Daytona, during a March 16 compliance inspection.

Crosby was arrested Thursday and released on $2,000 bail. She could not be reached for comment.

-- Cecil G. Brumley

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I also received the promised refund

AUTHOR: Tiredofscams - (U.S.A.)

I received my refund within one month of requesting it.  As stated in the contract, I sent the written request for a refund via certified and also faxed it the same day.  They first told me that I requested the refund too early.  I responded by telling them that the contract said 180 days not six months and that someone signed for my certified letter on the 180th day exactly.  I further stated that I considered their responses to me to be a fraudulent attempt to avoid refunding my money and that I would report them to their State Attorney General and to my state AG if my refund was not processed immediately.  I learned the next day that my refund had been processed.  I told them that I would look for it in the mail in three days and if it was not there I would call back and proceed with the complaints.  It was there.  My suggestion is to say everything you have to say in writing and do not take no for answer.

For anyone who has not paid this company a fee, don't do it.  The company will not sell your property and will try to give you the runaround when it comes to refunding the money.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

I received the promised refund

AUTHOR: R milligan - (U.S.A.)

Vacation Sales And Marketing  did refund the money as promised, after not being able to secure a purchaser for my time-share; however, it took 5 months and many, many phone calls and e-mails to them

The company fulfilled their promise and refunded the marketing fee, after they were unable to secure a purchaser for our time share within 180 days.

There were times during the 5 month wait, however, when I questioned if they would come through and send the refund.  Had I not been persistent in contacting their customer service department, I'm not convinced that the refund would have been sent.  The customer service department has much room for improvement - i.e. when calling the toll free number (the only number ever provided to contact them), 95% of the time I received an answering machine and other times when I did speak to someone, they would tell me that the person I needed to speak to was not available.

I would not recommend doing business with this company, if for no other, their lack of prompt customer service.  It was very unnerving to wonder for 5 months if the company was going to maintain their end of the Sales Agreement.  If you have already paid the fee and entered into a Marketing Agreement, be persistent, if at the end of the day they are unable to sell your timeshare and you are entitled to a refund.