Complaint Review: Vacation Tour & Travel/Blue Green Resorts

• Updated: Fri, September 30, 2011

• Reported By: Jerry — California Missouri United States of America
Vacation Tour & Travel/Blue Green Resorts
2655 Donaghey #1 Conway, Arizona United States of America

Vacation Tour & Travel/Blue Green Resorts Scammed us out of $250 Conway, Arizona

*Author of original report: Scam Continues

*Author of original report: Scam Continues

Last spring my wife & I entered a contest in a Bass Pro Shop & were called later to tell us that we had won a trip & were given several choices of destinations.  We chose one & were told we had 1 year to take this vacation.  We were also told that we qualified for an additional cruise at only $250 and that we had 1 year after our initial trip to take the cruise.

We trusted that because this contest was through Bass Pro (they were set up inside the store, not at the door or outside the store but in the very center of the store) that it was legitimate.After all Bass Pro isn't like WalMart with other stores inside their stores.  There was no indication that this wasn't approved by Bass Pro.

We told the caller that we could take the vacation in the fall & they assured us that we had 1 year from that time to take the cruise.  They wanted a credit card for the cruise & I told them we don't use credit cards, just debit cards.  This was acceptable to them.

We were called MANY times during the summer to set a time for our trip even though we had told them we wouldn't know until Aug. or Sept.  When we called to make the arrangements, we were told that we had to have a major credit card.  (This is supposed to be a free trip & the cruise was already paid for)  They refused to return our $250.   They are telling us we can't go on the trip now because of lack of a credit card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2011 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vacation-Tour-TravelBlue-Green-Resorts/Conway-Arizona-72032/Vacation-Tour-TravelBlue-Green-Resorts-Scammed-us-out-of-250-Conway-Arizona-778569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vacation Tour & Travel/Blue Green Resorts

Scam Continues

AUTHOR: Jerry - (United States of America)

We contacted Bass Pro & they confirmed that they do indeed work with Blue Green Resorts.  They apologized for our experience and are continuing to look into it.  Meanwhile, Vanessa, at Vacation Tour & Travel, called & offered to allow us to take the trip with just a debit card.  I explained to her that we did not understand why any card was required, since we had supposedly won a free trip.  She explained that it was for identification purposes only.  I replied that I could bring my drivers license & birth certificate, or any other id not connected to my finances.  She then said we had paid for the vacation, that the cruise was free in appreciation for purchasing the vacation and that the debit card was required.  This is the opposite of what we were told in the beginning!  We never would have agreed to purchasing a vacation we had supposedly won.   I again contacted Bass Pro about this, and am waiting for a reply.  The only acceptable resolution for us is to have our money returned.

Scam Continues

AUTHOR: Jerry - (United States of America)

consciousness