Complaint Review: Vacation Tour and Travel

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: Nosinkmolly — Madison Wisconsin United States of America
Vacation Tour and Travel

Vacation Tour and Travel Cruisehotelcard.com $549.00 2 person 4 day cruise with 2 day hotel stay. Too good to be true ...it is. , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same Deal Different Experience

About a year ago I was watching the Morning news show on NBC.  When this travel deal came up I was very excited and planned on waiting till Dec of the next year as you had to book 90 days in advance and I wanted to go in March.  A few days before the expiration date I started making calls.  The first time I call to make sure I did everything the right way to avoid any hassle  I was told, "Just go on Carnival's site, pick a cruise from one of the 4 ports and they would take care of everything.  I said I was afraid if I picked a cruise, there might not be a hotel avail so I was not sure which to do first.  I was told Don't' worry we will take care of everything.  So I pick a port, told I would have to up grade if I wanted to take that cruise.  So they wanted more $$$$Picked another told the same thing, then was told transfers from air port to cruise were $52 for each person each way.  That adds $208.00 to the trip.When I said I will be going straight to the hotel, I was basically told that, that was my problem.  When I said ok lets see if there is even a hotel avail first, I was told I had to contact Cruisehotelcard.com, I asked for a phone number and I was told that they did not have one.  When I went to Cruisehotelcard.com   a crap load of FRAUD/ SCAM alerts came up and people were saying the same thing I was experiencing.  I called my credit card company and was told I had to find out what there refund policy was.  No one would tell be and said they did not know.  Again back to the original #, this time pleading to speak with a supervisor.  Run around some more but at least got a phone number.  Each selection had a recording telling me to go to support@thehotelcard.com.  Each link did not work stated no email associated with this program.  Each phone # referred me to the email address.  The hardest part was calling my son to tell him we were not going to be able to go on this cruise.  Sad Sad Sad...If it sounds to good to be true ,,,it is even if it is featured on NBC news as "The Great Deal of the Day"  I make $12.00 hr was really looking forward to this.  Now I am screwed out of $549.00...Bad karma to all involved!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vacation-Tour-and-Travel/internet/Vacation-Tour-and-Travel-Cruisehotelcardcom-54900-2-person-4-day-cruise-with-2-day-hote-982144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vacation Tour and Travel

Same Deal Different Experience

AUTHOR: Barry - (United States of America)

I purchased the exact same deal as you did and did the vacation in February (which I will submit a new report about)

It seems like to me that you decided to forgo the $549 all together and not go (which is painful as I realized later that they don't refund anything even when cruise rooms or hotel rooms are fully booked).

In my experience, I managed to finally go on the vacation, but had to pay an additional $362 fees to make it all work!

So hopefully to make you feel better, you saved yourself $362 of extras by not going.

Agreed - bad karma to all involved!