Complaint Review: Vacation Tours USA

• Submitted: Fri, April 12, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, April 12, 2013

• Reported By: GetRescuedAdoptaDog — Davie Florida
Vacation Tours USA

Vacation Tours USA False Advertising. They don't identify their company name, but, instead, put "US Airlines" as header, Internet

I received a letter saying that I qualified for an award of 2 roundtrip airline tickets to anywhere in the continental US.
The letter contained no return address or company name. A very large header at the top says "US Airlines".

The letter does not indicate that you must do anything to qualify for the award but, instead just gives a number to call  & is signed , Dana Kline, vice president.  It does not say vice president of what!

When I called the number, I was told by the "agent" "I'm not gonna lie to you" which is an unnecessary statement if you don't have anything to hide.  Anyway, the "agent" stated that the company was Vacation Tours USA and that information and listening to a sales pitch at my destination would be required of me.
I said that the letter was misleading because it made it sound like it came from an airline and never indicated the company name.   The letter made it sound like the airline tickets were a prize from an airline. Nor did the letter indicate that anything would be required of me.
The "agent" then put the floor manager on the line (John "Vapers?") who attempted to intimidate me by raising his voice and telling me that he was insulted that I should think that  and that I should go on-line to hear all the testimonials from satisfied customers.   I went on-line and found testimonials from dissatisfied customers who never received their free airline tickets.
This letter is false advertising!  And is obviously being used to dupe unwary recipients!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2013 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vacation-Tours-USA/internet/Vacation-Tours-USA-False-Advertising-They-dont-identify-their-company-name-but-inste-1042867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vacation Tours USA