Complaint Review: Vacation Village Voyages

• Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: Mary Longerbean — Middleburg Florida United States of America
Vacation Village Voyages
3015 N Ocean Blvd. Suite 121 Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Vacation Village Voyages Told us there were many pet friendly option, did not tell us about a yeatly $189 dues Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

*Consumer Comment: You are NOT being honest

We signed up with this company because the very nice and convincing salesman, whom, by the way, no longer works for them, promised us there would be a lot of pet friendly resorts and cruises for us to pick from because we told him we would not be interested at all if we could not take our dogs traveling with us.

We have been paying them $138 each month for over a year now and have yet to find a pet friendly anything!

While being frustrated already about this, I recently received a bill for $189 called "Voyages Membership Dues"! They have been getting money out of us every month for over a year so far, while we have not been able to find anything pet friendly and then they send me a bill too. I'm told if I don't pay it by 9/11/12 then my membership expires but they can keep taking the monthly payments and now, if I happen to find something pet friendly, I won't be able to use it until I pay this so called membership dues bill!

The friendly salesman, of course, never said anything about a yearly membership dues bill. How can they justify making you pay dues on something you have to have automatically deducted from your bank account each month? The only time I have ever had to pay dues for something was for a membership somewhere and the dues were all you were expected to pay.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2012 10:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vacation-Village-Voyages/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/Vacation-Village-Voyages-Told-us-there-were-many-pet-friendly-option-did-not-tell-us-abo-927406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vacation Village Voyages

You are NOT being honest

AUTHOR: supermom23 - (United States of America)

I am sorry but I have this membership too, and English is not my first language, but I understood everything about the membership.  The salesman told me about the annual dues, showed me on the price sheet, and even made me sign and intial a long  form regarding this fact. All the forms were given to me, along with 4 phone numbers and a website, to reach customer support. The monthly fees were towards the purchase price. The annual dues are separate.

When I bought my car, I paid for it monthly; not in cash. My gas and oil changes were separate. They were not free, just because I had to pay for my car in monthly installments. This is not complicated. '

Before I went into an office and signed with a closing officer, the floor manager came to my table, to make sure I understood everything, and she went over all the charges with me. It is the least expensive way to travel in luxury, and $189 a year to have access to thousands of resorts, without maintenance fees is a steal. Even if you stayes in Hostels, every time you vacationed, it would cost more.

It is not nice to post lies on the internet.