Complaint Review: Vacations In Paradise - Austin Shaw

• Updated: Sat, September 11, 2004

• Reported By:collingwood Ontario
Vacations In Paradise - Austin Shaw
151 First St Collingwood, Ontario Canada

Vacations In Paradise, Austin Shaw is a con artist and a snake! Rip-off! Collingwood Ontario

*Consumer Comment: Help Us Track Down AUSTIN SHAW AKA Capital Vacations

Mr Austin Shaw

I hope you have the chance to read this while on the run. You are a con artist and a snake. I had the unpleasant opportunity to have worked for Austin Shaw a couple of years ago at a company called Resort Quest in Collingwood at the same address as Vacations In Paradise.

It was all very veiled. No one would answer any questions. They wouldn't tell us what was really going on. We sat at a small cubicle with a phone and hundreds of ballots that people had submitted at local fairs, contests etc. We were just supposed to keep calling the phone numbers on the ballots and asking people if they could answer a survey. The main goal was to find out how much money they made and if they had a credit card. Then all of that information was compiled and sheets given out on who to call again offering them a reduced rate room at a hotel or condo in Collingwood. Of course the main goal was to get their credit card number.

During the shift Austin's cronies would walk loudly up and down the aisles behind us, yelling at us, "get their credit card number". Austin would kick his desk and yell abscenities at the workers to intimidate them. It was disgusting, but I, like everyone else, kept working because I needed the money.

One day I came to work to find that the shift I had chosen had been cancelled. Austin told us if we couldn't take a different shift, then too bad, you're done. He was supposed to send us our hourly wage and commission cheques in the mail. Surprise! That never happened. I called the office repeatedly asking for my money and eventually contacted the labour board. They said they couldn't do anything about it. I made it clear to Austin that I had contacted the labour board and he replied by calling me an a*****e. Of course I never got paid. Austin owes me $420.00.

I saw Austin shortly after that, sitting at a table with his crime-share cronies. When I walked by their table, I heard him telling his pals that he owed me money and that I wasn't going to get it. Then they all laughed.

Scum like Austin Shaw should never be able to own another business. He is a rude, crude, selfish piece without a concience. He even ripped off the people who worked for him. If you're reading this, Austin, I hope you get what you deserve.

jul
collingwood, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2004 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vacations-In-Paradise-Austin-Shaw/Collingwood-Ontario-L9Y-B1/Vacations-In-Paradise-Austin-Shaw-is-a-con-artist-and-a-snake-Rip-off-Collingwood-Ontar-107807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vacations In Paradise - Austin Shaw

Help Us Track Down AUSTIN SHAW AKA Capital Vacations

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

You have personal worked for this rip off artist and his bogus scam companies . You know how he operates and should provide any inormation you can about him and his location. Please help all the victims of his scams to track him down. You would sleep easier at night knowing you had helped.