Complaint Review: Vacations Made Easy

• Updated: Fri, June 07, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — League City Texas
Vacations Made Easy
2101 W Chesterfield Blvd Springfield, Missouri USA

Vacations Made Easy Misled us in our hotel bookings and changed our original booking- AND still charged our credit card without a hotel confirmation Springfield Missouri

We booked a package through Vacation's Made Easy And got an email confirming our reservation at the Holiday Inn, San Antonio. We booked a room closer to Sea World. Two days later, after I received an email telling me to print my confirmation and present these upon arriVal, I got a phone call stating that I did not have a reservation because the hotel was over booked, However they had already charged my debit card. i told them we had a confirmation number given tous by them ....they informd us that they had not given us a confirmarion number but an order number.

They offered a few substitutes and told me that these were as good or .better than my original choice. A representative assured me that the hotel they suggested and booked for me was a four star hotel and had a customer rating of 9 out of 10. Upon arrival we tried three different rooms before we found one that we could stand the smell in. The first two not only had a terrifle odor, the carpets were Filthy.

The third one we checked was tolerable, however that night we noticed the black mold and mildew in the bathroom ceiling, torn wallpaper, hole in wall, torn sheets and filthy comforters on the beds. We told the person at the desk about black mold and she said she did not have another room but they would try to clean it. When we returned from mm sightseeing  that afternoon, the mold was still there. it was too late a night to search for another hotel as children and us were exhausted from our Drive to San Antonio. I do not know who posted the ratings on this hotel.... They appear to be fraudulent customerating gas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vacations-Made-Easy/Springfield-Missouri-65807/Vacations-Made-Easy-Misled-us-in-our-hotel-bookings-and-changed-our-original-booking-AN-1057381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vacations Made Easy