Complaint Review: Vacations Made Easy

• Submitted: Wed, October 03, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: Ian Chicago — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Vacations Made Easy

Vacations Made Easy Initially indicated cancellation was possible, then would not cancel - a real ripoff! Internet

I made a reservation for Branson MO lodging over the internet.

1) Having made a reservation, it took one day to inform me that my choice was not available.

2) Upon checking my credit card, I found I had been billed twice for the unavailable lodging; it took a phone call to straighten that out.

3) During that phone call I was assured by Ashley that the reservation could be cancelled.

4) When called the following day to let me know that the first choice was not available, I was in fact driving and gave my wife the phone number for her to contact "Ashley".

5) Without ever seeing the "Vacations Made Easy" website with the two pages of fine print in which is embedded the cancellation policy, she called Ashley and she (Ashley) suggested Still Water Resort may be available but that in fact there may be no room available. That was what apparently locked us into to the arrangement for which my wife never agreed as Ashley was checking on availability only. I repeat that she never looked at your web site and was not aware of your unusual draconian policies. Policy is no cancellation or a gift certificate to be used within one year.

6) Meanwhile my wife called Still Water Resort through Expedia, found there was availability for a superior room at a lower price.

7) Then a voucher appeared in the e-mail which stated that we were booked at Still Water Resort by Vacations Made Easy for $514. This value was never discussed and my wife immediately called and Ashley indicated this must be a mistake and the value should be $388. My wife, while on the phone, had Ashley type an e-mail indicating the correct price. We had to recognize the error (much like the double credit card billing) and have it corrected. The voucher since has changed to both $387.80 and $388.00 at various times.

8) Accordingly, we are locked into something we were only exploring and decided was unacceptable both due to quality and price and with a Vacations Made Easy policy unknown to my wife. The policy is embedded within two full pages of fine print on theie internet site.

9) A simple search of "Vacation made easy complaints" turned up about 6 pages of complaints most of which involve situations similar to ours. It seems this is a regular scam they operate.

I requested a  cancellation as I was told was possible and a refund of $387.80. Under no conditions would we want or accept a gift certificate from thisorganization. Their response is catagorically no, so we are stuck with what Ashley chose.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vacations-Made-Easy/internet/Vacations-Made-Easy-Initially-indicated-cancellation-was-possible-then-would-not-cancel-950199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vacations Made Easy