Complaint Review: Valencia Chevrolet

• Submitted: Fri, August 10, 2001
  • Updated: Fri, August 10, 2001

• Reported By:Santa Clarita CA
Valencia Chevrolet
23649 west Valencia Blvd Santa Clarita, California U.S.A.

Valencia Chevrolet and GM stick me with Faulty warranty repair

I puchased a new 2000 Blazer from Valencia Chevrolet in Oct of 1999. Two weeks after purchase the engine suffered a valve train failure. The engine was damaged beyond repair. GM authorized a new engine installation which was performed by the dealer Valencia Chevrolet. After picking the vehicle up a week later, I returned it to the dealer the day after pickup to complain about a noise in the transmission bell housing area. Valencia Chevrolet kept it for a day to investigate. They came to the conclusion that it was a dash clip. I didn't really belive it, but had to accept it. 46,000 miles later after the vehicle is out of normal warranty the transmission failed. I took it to AAMCO transmission for repair since they specialize in transmissions and the vehicle was out of warranty. Upon removing the transmission for repair they notified me that the enine flywheel was installed backwards which caused the torque converter shaft to not fully engage the transmission pump gear. It was quite obvious. The story began to add up at this point. I contacted Valencia Chevrolet about the problem and they have taken the position that they cannot cover my cost for repair. They offered for me to bring the vehicle to them and they MIGHT be able to fix it, but it could cost me to repair it. I had AAMCO repair the transmission and called Chevrolet USA about the matter asking them to put me intouch with the GM district rep. I have got know where with that approach and one Chevrolet customer assitant told me the offical GM position is it is out of warranty, faulty repair or not. I loose. I think it should be known that Valenci Cherolt does not honor their shop's actions. This was a rooky mechanic mistake that was made by a GM certified Tech. Guess not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Valencia-Chevrolet/Santa-Clarita-California-91380/Valencia-Chevrolet-and-GM-stick-me-with-Faulty-warranty-repair-6118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Valencia Chevrolet