Complaint Review: Valley International Airport,

• Submitted: Fri, May 30, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 30, 2008

• Reported By:harlingen Texas
Valley International Airport,
3002 Heritage Way Harlingen, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 956-430-8600
  • Web:
  • Category: Airports

Valley International Airport, Harlingen, TX Customer service at airport for people with physical disabilities Harlingen Texas

On May 13, 2008 I departed from Valley International Airport for a week's vacation with my family in Virginia. First of all, I am physically disabled, unable to walk long distances. So I have need of a wheel chair whenever I travel or have to go places which require much walking. I took a taxi to get me to the airport.

When I got to the airport, there was no curveside service and no one around to check in my baggage or obtain me a wheel chair. The driver didn't bother to offer me assistance either. So I was forced to weakly walk into the airport to seek out someone to get me a wheel chair and check in my baggage. I looked around and there was no one available to assist me. So feebly, I wandered over to the checkin counter and identified myself. Then, and only then did I get assistance.

The checkin clerk was very nasty with me when I asked her questions. Upon my return on May 19th, I encountered the same problem of wheelchair assistance. In fact, I couldn't find a taxi to take me home. I was forced to call a friend to pick me up. Can't there be something done about this problem?

Carolyn
harlingen, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2008 03:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Valley-International-Airport/Harlingen-Texas-78550/Valley-International-Airport-Harlingen-TX-Customer-service-at-airport-for-people-with-ph-335864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Valley International Airport,