Complaint Review: Valley View Tire & Wheel

• Submitted: Thu, May 04, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By:La Mirada California
Valley View Tire & Wheel
14175 Leffingwell Rd. Whittier, California U.S.A.

Valley View Tire & Wheel Ripoff Damaged new rack & pinion and refused to repair it Whittier California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Long over due

I had my rack & pinion replaced and took it to have an alignment done. I was told the steering wheel would not turn far enough to do a U-turn and must be re-centered. I left Valley View Tire, made a U-turn and went straight to my mechanic. We found the steering to be OK but when we lifted the hood we found the rubber boot was torn off. Back at Valley View, they claimed they had nothing to do with the damage and are refusing to replace the rack and pinion.

Daniel
La Mirada, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2006 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Valley-View-Tire-Wheel/Whittier-California-90605/Valley-View-Tire-Wheel-Ripoff-Damaged-new-rack-pinion-and-refused-to-repair-it-Whittie-189986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Valley View Tire & Wheel

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Long over due

AUTHOR: Owner - (United States of America)

The rubber dust boots that runs from the inner tie rod to the rack and pinion ripped. It is not a high pressure boot and it does not hold grease or oil, it is a simple dust cover. I offered to replace them but the customer refused and wanted a new rack and pinion. The rack and pinion was not ruined or damaged in anyway. If I ruined the rack and pinion I would have no option but to replace it, and I would also not have a problem doing so if it was.