Complaint Review: Valspar Paint

Valspar Paint
8725 Higgins Rd Suite 1000 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Valspar Paint is rubbing off with the lightest touch Chicago, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Strange indeed

*Consumer Comment: Something does not sound right..

After properly prepping and having a professional paint my walls I am now experiencing a nightmare.  Two months later, every time the wall is touched, their hands are bright red.  I couldn't figure out where it was coming from but there was red all over my carpet as if red kool-aide was spilled but my children have nothing red and must stay off of our new white carpet so I knew it wasnt them.  Then I noticed red hand prints on other walls and door frames.  I realized it may be the paint.  I took a white new and dry napkin and rubbed for a second on the wall.  Sure enough there is red all over the napkin!  I have tried everything to get it out of my carpet and cant get it out.  I cant stop it from bleeding on to everyone's hands.  This small project has turned into thousands of dollars of a nightmare now that I am going to have to find a way to cover up this paint and replace three rooms of carpeting.  What a royal mess!  This was Valspar Signature line Paint and Primer in one.  We placed one coat on and had to do a few touch up spots where there was uneven shades of paint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2012 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Valspar-Paint/Chicago-Illinois-60631/Valspar-Paint-is-rubbing-off-with-the-lightest-touch-Chicago-Illinois-859530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Valspar Paint

Strange indeed

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Valspar is an excellent paint and has been around for a long time. - No, I do not work for them, my Dad was a house painter and used their product.

There must either be something wrong with your preparation or surface, or something wrong with the application .

If it were me, I would call Valspar and see if they have any ideas.  I expect they've seen just about everything that can go wrong with a paint job.

I'd be interested in the resolution to this.

Something does not sound right..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I could see that in some cases paint pealing off of the wall, but if the paint is dry it should not be "staining" anything.

Did you or the "professional" prepare your walls?  Also, was your professional licensed, bonded and insured?  Or was this some "handyman" who does painting on the side?

What type of "finish" did you get, what type of walls did you paint?  What was done to prepare them?

I cant stop it from bleeding on to everyone's hands.

- How about having them stop touching the walls?  Or is this magic paint that not only comes off but it jumps across the room landing on people's hands?

Also the picture you paint(pun intended) about how your carpets are damaged from this seem strange.  Because you would either have the walls "raining" paint, or someone who is rubbing against the walls and then rolling along the carpets.