Complaint Review: Value City Furniture - Stainsafe

• Submitted: Wed, March 17, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, March 17, 2004

• Reported By:Northern Cambria Pennsylvania
Value City Furniture - Stainsafe
Pleasant Valley Blvd Altoona, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Value City Furniture & Stainsafe Warranty STAY CLEAR of these 2 businesses Can not stress this enough!! ripoff Altoona Pennsylvania

WE purchased a Sofa, Loveseat and Chair from Value City Furniture.We weren't sure about buying it until the salesman - G. Welsh kept pushing the furniture warranty thru Stainsafe. He said they would take care of any problems for 7 years. He said it didn't matter what happened they would fix or replace it and stressed that they were very quick to respond to customer problems.

After having this furniture for 1 year, there were tears in the fabric on the arms. After a couple months, they (Value City) came out and repaired the fabric. We now have several large tears in all 3 pieces.

I have tried for months with no luck to get Stainsafe to fix it. I voiced my dissatisfaction to Value City and was told that the manager or service supervisor would call me the next day. 3 days went by without a call.

When I called back I was told that the On-Duty Manager forgot to give anyone the message. The service supervisor told me she was going to check with stainsafe and find out the status of my claim. After not hearing form her, I again called the store and was told she couldnt get thru to them.It has been over 3 months since I started my claim and still haven't received anything but the runaround from Stainsafe or Value City.

The quality of furniture is just as bad as the customer service they provide. I can't stress enough for everyone to go somewhere else. Don't let the sometimes cheaper price fool you. This stuff is JUNK, and you will be sorry if you purchase anything from them.

I have filed complaints with both the BBB and the Attorney General's Office, hopefully some good will come from that before I start legal action which is coming if they don't respond. How these people can sleep at night is beyond me.

F
Northern Cambria, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2004 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-City-Furniture-Stainsafe/Altoona-Pennsylvania-16602/Value-City-Furniture-Stainsafe-Warranty-STAY-CLEAR-of-these-2-businesses-Can-not-stress-84299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value City Furniture - Stainsafe