Complaint Review: Value City Furniture Store

• Updated: Mon, July 18, 2011

• Reported By: Apollo10 — Manassas Virginia USA
Value City Furniture Store
2500 Prince William Pkwy, Woodbridge, Virginia United States of America

Value City Furniture Store Think twice before going to Value City Furniture Store Woodbridge, Virginia

*General Comment: $200 in compensation seems fair to me!

*Consumer Suggestion: Not a ripoff

I went to Value City Furniture in Woodbridge, VA and purchased a Juno. black leather 3 piece set for my living room (sofa, love seat and chair). They had it on special and they told me that it would arrive in 2 weeks since they didn't have it anymore at the store. The employee showed me in the computer that there were 7 sets available at their warehouse or where ever they had them, for october 16th 2009. On October 15th they called me saying that the furniture was backordered. Then I receive a call 10 minutes later from a manager saying that it was discontinued and that they were offering an extra $200 to get something else. I went to the store and they had NOTHING similar in that budget. The manager at the store was extremely discourteous and wouldn't even offer free delivery if a chose a more expensive set. They acted like they didn't care. They actually said that it was not their fault. YOU PAY FOR SOMETHING AND THEY DISCONTINUE IT FOR DEFECT ISSUES... YEAH RIGHT, THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO RECEIVE THE SAME SET BUT IN CHOCOLATE COLOR SOMETIME MID NOVEMBER.

STAY AWAY FROM VALUE CITY FURNITURE WOODBIRDGE VA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2009 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-City-Furniture-Store/-Woodbridge-Virginia-22192/Value-City-Furniture-Store-Think-twice-before-going-to-Value-City-Furniture-Store-Woodbr-513551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value City Furniture Store

#1 General Comment

$200 in compensation seems fair to me!

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I know that manufacturers don't always send what companies order, especially where furniture is concerned. You mentioned that they offered you an additional $200 over what you paid to select something else. I find that very generous. For you to ask for free delivery as well was a good attempt. I probably would have tried it myself too, but I wouldn't call them rip offs for not doing so. Just my opinion..

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Not a ripoff

AUTHOR: Marcia - (U.S.A.)

While I understand your frustration at not getting the furniture you wanted, I'm not sure how this constitutes a ripoff. Someone screwed up and you couldn't get the furniture. I'm assuming you got your money back, right? So how did they rip you off?