Complaint Review: Value City Furniture

• Submitted: Thu, December 14, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, December 14, 2006

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Value City Furniture
9527 South Boulevard Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 704-571-4200
  • Web:
  • Category: tempdir

Value City Furniture Broken Furniture Coupled With Horrendous Customer Service Ripoff Charlotte North Carolina

My husband and I moved into our new home the first weekend of December this year, 2006. That week we purchased a dining room set from Value City, it was a darkwood table with 8 leather chairs.

When they delivered the table a week later, I noticed it was broken and all but 1 chair was limping due to shorter legs in the front. When I called Value City they said it was policy to service the furniture and then decide whether it was repairable or not. We decided that it was ok to service the chairs but chose to have the table replaced instead.

Another week later (on the day we were to have the replacement delivered) the dispatcher called to let us know that the new table was also damaged. (Mind you, it is now almost the week before Christmas.)

I decided I'd had enough, I knew where this was heading. I told the dispatcher who had called that morning to have them pickup the entire set. She agreed to change the delivery that day to a pickup instead. I then called the store manager and was advised I could go to the store that evening and get a return receipt.

They never showed up to pickup the furniture! I was furios now. When I called they had no record of the scheduled pickup! It is ridiculous the kind of business that these people are conducting. I finally got them to schedule a pickup for the following day. That was yesterday, let's see what else happens today.

In the meantime we bought a dining room set elsewhere that will not be delivered until after Christmas, maybe later. I'm so furious!! Even more so because I'm hosting a New Year's Eve party!

Value City's ineptitude and inferior products are unacceptable and something should be done about it. Class Action Lawsuit all the way!

Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2006 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-City-Furniture/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28273/Value-City-Furniture-Broken-Furniture-Coupled-With-Horrendous-Customer-Service-Ripoff-Char-225392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value City Furniture