Complaint Review: Value City Furniture

• Updated: Tue, March 13, 2012

• Reported By: Summerdog — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Value City Furniture
1412 greenbrier ave cheaspeke va Chesapeake, Virginia United States of America

Value City Furniture Ripoff Furniture Store Dont buy any extended warranties. Chesapeake, Virginia

I purchased a RED sofa bed from Value City Furniture at the end of 2009  along with the warranty. It cost me over 600.00 and 6 months after receiving it I noticed the couch fading and the cusions was flat. I called the store and was informed they no longer carried that item. I called again Oct 2011 and said I purchased the warranty and that the couch was a piece of crap. I had an appt with a technician who came and fluffed up the pillows and told me to buy a couch cover from Walmart. I called again last week 3/2012 and had a technician come out and state the couch was a piece of crap and should be replaced. I got a call from Value City furniture stating that my couch would be replaced BUT since they no longer carry the item I would be given $89.00 towards a new couch. Free couch if the had the style but $89.00 dollar credit towards a new one, not to mention the $50.00 I paid for the warranty.

I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars at this store. Always get attacked by sales staff walking in the place and if i never step foot in it again it wont be too soon. I happen to be shopping for a new bedroom set and mattress and can guarantee it wont be at VALUE CITY FURNITURE.  This is a RIPOFF and consumers need to be careful. Sales staff just worried about commision and not telling the consumer everything. RED couches fade and are not covered under warranty. Well they shouldnt sell RED couches.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2012 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-City-Furniture/Chesapeake-Virginia-23320/Value-City-Furniture-Ripoff-Furniture-Store-Dont-buy-any-extended-warranties-Chesapeake-853200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value City Furniture