midnight

Complaint Review: Value City Furniture

• Submitted: Mon, January 21, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: TOM — pittsburgh Pennsylvania U.S.A.
Value City Furniture
3801 William Penn Highway Monroeville, PA 15146 Monroeville, Pennsylvania United States of America

Value City Furniture Broken Furniture delivered Monroeville, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Tried to call Value City Maint person

*Author of original report: Tried to call Value City Maint person

*Author of original report: Got a Call this Morning

*Author of original report: More bad news

*Author of original report: Sent

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Value City Furniture

We purchased two Rocker Recliners. Waited for a week to have them delivered. When they arrived both recliners would not lock when reclined. Went back to the store the next day (Saturday) to explain and was told that they would have to replace both of them. The next delivery date was the following Saturday. The manager told me that the reason they didn't lock was because they were new!

I informed him that they do not lock when you push the handle up. We tested the model in the store and that one worked perfectly. I find it poor customer service to deliver broken furniture and then have the consumer wait another week to get the right ones.  They also charged  $99.00 to deliver and sold my wife a treatment to stop spills at 45.00 each. Paid 300.00 a piece for two chairs that were only 199.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-City-Furniture/Monroeville-Pennsylvania-15143/Value-City-Furniture-Broken-Furniture-delivered-Monroeville-Pennsylvania-1000505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value City Furniture

Tried to call Value City Maint person

AUTHOR: Tom - (USA)

I tried today to contact the Maint dept of Value city to see if they could shed some light on the two new recliners that won't lock in place. I was told they were not in. Left my number and no one has called.

I will make it my personal mission to have no one shop at Value City Furniture!

Tried to call Value City Maint person

AUTHOR: Tom - (USA)

I will make it my personal mission to have no one shop at Value City Furniture!

Got a Call this Morning

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

I received a call this morning from the local store. Never told me who he was, manager, assistant manager. He just told me he was going through his emails and he saw my email sent to corporate.

I explained to him the situation and never throughout the conversation did he apologize until I mentioned to him that he never said he was sorry throughout our 15 minute conversation.

Basiscly he told me I had to wait two weeks for the chairs and if they come in early he would call me.

So I summarized the conversation by saying "I am screwed and I have to wait two weeks"?

He said Yes.

I will make it my personal mission to make sure no one ever shops at VALUE CITY FURNITURE.

More bad news

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

The Local store called and I formed they can't replace the broken recliners until February 2, 2013. They are on back order. Now I have to wait two weeks for my new chairs. I should be given new recliners now. Comparable replacement should be given. They have my money.

Sent

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

I sent my contact information.

Response from Value City Furniture

AUTHOR: Value City Furniture - (United States of America)

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear about the frustration you experienced with your new recliners. We want to reach out to you to help make this right! Can you please send an email to vcf.facebookfans@vcf.com with your phone number, so that someone from our corporate customer service team can contact you to help resolve? Thank you!