Complaint Review: Value City Furniture

• Submitted: Fri, March 24, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, March 24, 2006

• Reported By:Rochester New York
Value City Furniture
Hylan Drive Rochester, New York U.S.A.

Value City Furniture consumer's don't count? ripoff Rochester New York

In February 06, I went into this store to purchase a dining room set, despite the fact that one of my associates had just had a bad experience with them. I figured that perhaps they had cleaned up their act. At the time that I purchased the set, the salesman told me that it would be in around April 1st, so I paid $500 on the set to take advantage of their "price hold" option. Around March 19th I went into the store to finish paying for my set because the date was nearing.

At this time, I was told that my set was in stock and that it could be delivered the following Tuesday. I was very thrilled because that meant that I would get my set early, so I went ahead and paid the delivery charge also. The following day, someone from the store called me and told me that my set would not be in until April 14th. Naturally, I was confused because I was just told it was in stock.

When I called to ask about this. I was told that the cashier made a error and it was nothing they could do about it. Of course I wanted to speak to the manager to inquire as to why such a thing could happen since by now I had taken down my old set.

I explained that the cashier should not have given out false information. The manager was very non-chalant about the whole issue and basically tried to brush me off. He stated that he could not do anything and that I would have to wait for my set. I am just appalled at how this man treated me. I am a hard working individual who wants to have nice things and this company basically treats people like they don't mean squat.

I think everyone who has had a problem with this company should be sure and spread the word, so that no one will have to go through this mess. Also, when I went on-line to try and submit a complaint, their website was having "technical difficulties", but only on the page where you submit complaints.

What the hell is up with that? I did finally get a 800 number for their corporate headquarter and I am currently waiting for a return call, but I am not expecting much from these low-brows.

Donnea
Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2006 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-City-Furniture/Rochester-New-York-14623/Value-City-Furniture-consumers-dont-count-ripoff-Rochester-New-York-183098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value City Furniture