Complaint Review: Value Pawn

• Updated: Wed, June 26, 2013

• Reported By: Sonija — largo Florida
Value Pawn
6249 Park Blvd pinellas park, Florida USA

Value Pawn AKA Ezpawn- Do not stand behind their word! Rip OFF Rep told me I had from 6-24 to 6-26 to return above range microwave for full refund if it did not fit pinellas park Florida

On Monday 6-24-13 I was in Value Pawn in Pinellas Park on Park Blvd. I was getting a loan on my jewelry. While rep was in the process of working on my loan, I browsed the store and found an above range microwave for sale. I talked with the rep about it off and on thru the 1.5hrs I was there waiting for the loan to be finished. I was concerned about the microwave being the right size and the right type to go above my stove. the one I have above my stove is a maytag and it is broken. the rep assured me that if it didnt fit I could bring it back and get my money back. I still was leary about it and kept talking to the rep about my concerns. I told him I would have to have my husband check it out to see if it will fit and he wouldnt be home till Wednesday morning. he assured me several times that I would have no trouble bringing it back for a refund of the money I paid. I asked if they have a warranty that comes with microwaves. he told me that I could purchase a 6 month warranty for 10% of the merch. he told me that he could discount the merch as it has been on the floor more then one month. I decided that I would get it as I was assured that I could bring it back if it didnt fit. I told the rep as he was putting the merchandise in my truck that if it didnt fit I would be back with it Wednesday. My husband got home and checked it first thing this morning and it is a no fit. I called Value Pawn to let them know that it didnt fit and that I would be by today aftter work for the refund. I was actually on the phone with the rep that assisted me on Monday with the loan and the purchase. he advised me that they cant do a refund because they have a 24hr return policy. He asked me if he had told me about the policy as he didnt remember if he did or not and I told him he didnt. He then said he usually tells people about that when he tells tehm about the warranty. I advised him that he never told me about the warranty when I made the purchase but he did tell me about it when I aksed if they have a warranty for microwaves while I was still deciding to make the purchase.He told me he would check with the girl that was working with him. He set the phone down and talked to her, I could hear the conversation between him and the female. he told her that he doesnt remember if he told me about the 24hr policy or not and she said that if he didnt tell me then she would have to do it but she advised him to tell me that he did and that they will not honor the refund today. I again advised him that he never told me about this and when I asked him about if I was ok to bring it back for a refund today (6-26-13) he told me I would be fine. he then put the girl on the phone with me who told me that since it was past the 24hrs they wouldnt honor what he told me. When I asked her about it her reponse changed to, her computer system will not allow them to do a refund of cash after 24hrs. I asked for a manager as the manager was a man on Monday but she said she was the manager. She said she can give me instore credit for the full amount or I can sell it back for half of what I paid for it. What is the point of store credit when this is not a regular item in pawnshops. I would need to get a new one in the store. She just kept saying no. I tried to call their customer service number but noone ever answers. I dont see the harm in honoring their agreement with me, they can still put it back out on the floor to sell.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-Pawn-/pinellas-park-Florida-33781/Value-Pawn-AKA-Ezpawn-Do-not-stand-behind-their-word-Rip-OFF-Rep-told-me-I-had-from-6-1062261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value Pawn