Complaint Review: Value Pawn & Jewelry Stores

• Updated: Thu, November 29, 2012

• Reported By: john — tampa Florida United States of America
Value Pawn & Jewelry Stores
8511 North Florida Avenue tampa, Florida United States of America

Value Pawn & Jewelry Stores They sell broken items and tell you they are just fine tampa, Florida

*Author of original report: Very helpful

*UPDATE Employee: Broken Stuff

Saturday 11/10/2012 i purchased 2 bicycles from Value pawn.  I had talked the the manager and he help me out with the sale.  He unlocked the bikes from the lot and i looked them over.  The first bike i looked at had some visual damage so i opted for another womens bike.  I also got a nes bike.  both montain bikes.  I asked the manager if the bikes were good to go and he said yes.  the gears seems fine and the brakes worked and i was given a discount on the bikes.  120 with tax for both.  however, when i got them home i realized after riding them that there were a few hidden issues with both bikes.  the front tire on the mens bike was bent.  you can only see it from the riding position.   the from gear selecter is broken and will not stay in position.  The ladies bike has a seat height adjust that is rusted into position and cannot be moved.  also all of the gears are out of place with the shifter.  no matter what gear you choose the chain just keeps skipping gears or falls off the front gear.  I called the store and was asked if i bought the Item protection with the bikes.  I told him i had never heard of this service.  When i was buying the bikes i told him i wanted them for 120 with tax.  he said he could do that and beside me handing him my card we did not speak of the price or any fees afterwards.  He tells me he did offer the protection and it would have been 10 percent on top of the original price.  now this was 2 days prior so i have a preaty clean memory of the events.  at no point was i offered any protection.  and i chose to believe him when he told me they were ijn good working order.  when i called back he told me he never said they were in good working order.  hmmmm.  so you sold me broken stuff and now your telling me that you would have never told me that they were ok to ride, but you will still sell them?  120 bucks gone down the tubes.  dont give your money to these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2012 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-Pawn-Jewelry-Stores/tampa-Florida-33604/Value-Pawn-Jewelry-Stores-They-sell-broken-items-and-tell-you-they-are-just-fine-tampa-968236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value Pawn & Jewelry Stores

Very helpful

AUTHOR: acidbeerjj - (United States of America)

I was contacted by value pawn after i put this report online.  They were very helpful and took care of all of my issues.  Thank you.

Broken Stuff

AUTHOR: Value Pawn - (United States of America)

Call the store so we can resolve this issue..... 813-915-1700......