Complaint Review: Value Point Distribution

• Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: Anthony — Woonsocket Rhode Island
Value Point Distribution
775 E. Blithedale #529 Mill Valley, California USA

Value Point Distribution Hottubsdirect.com Did not send send hot tub that I ordered Mill Valley California

I want people to beware the company hottubsdirect.com which is owned by Value Point Distribution! I think they may also own a few other subsidiary companies that all fall under Value Point Distribution. This company is a scam, and if you come across this please proceed with caution before you order anything from them! I ordered a hot tub from this company on 6/6/2013. They said it would be shipped to my home in Rhode Island by 7/21/2013. Unfortunately on 7/22/2013 I received an email for them saying that due to so many hot tubs being ordered mine did not make it onto the cargo ship that brings it over to the US. (who knows where in the world they are saying it is made). I called the company, and after about 15 attempts was finally able to speak to a person.

when you call them they have this wonderful customer service recording that picks up and says, "all of our customer service reps are currently with other customers please call back at a later time." and then so politely it hangs up on you! I finally spoke to a man name Steve who claims to be the customer service manager. He seemed skid dish on the phone when I asked questions of the delay... He promised me that the hot tub would be on the next shipment to US, and that it would be shipped to my home by 8/26/2013. Even though I had a bad feeling in my mind that this was some sort of a scam I gave them they benefit of doubt, and waited patiently for my hot tub.

Well wouldn't you know it that on 8/26/2013 I received an email from "Steve" again and he said that the container which held my hot tub was here in the US and that it had to go thru US Customs, and I would receive an update on 8/28/2013. Steve sure was kind enough to send an email on 8/28/2013, and here is word for word the email. "We wanted to send you pictures of your spa. Please see attached pictures. As you know the spa has been done for a while now. It's a beautiful spa, but we are just having some problems with the shipping companies. I will be calling you to personally apologize about this, and make sure you got this email.

The trucking company called, and they will be delivering a spa to our warehouse on MONDAY (9/23) because the product is now on hold in US Customs.  US Customs exams are random and don’t happen all that often.  They will always release the product a 100% of the time in our experience.  They gave us a date of release on FRIDAY (9/23) so we plan on having your shipping tracking number to you on TUESDAY (9/27).” (He never called or emailed again) I have been waiting 84 days as of today for this "hot tub" to arrive, and even if this wasn't a scam which it is and they were to actually ship this hot tub on 9/27/2013 adding shipping time I will have waited about 140 days for a hot tub to be delivered!

this company is a SCAM!!! I paid them $2,298.00 for a product that I never received, and don't plan on receiving. I have filed complaints with the California, and Rhode Island Attorney General’s office, the BBB, and my credit card company that I used to purchase the hot tub. Like many middle class working Americans, I work very hard for my money, and cannot believe people can just steal money like this from others. This was purchases as gift, and I guess it's a gift that will never come. All I can do is try and warn others.... Do not get yourself caught up in a mess with this company! they are con artist and will scam you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-Point-Distribution/Mill-Valley-California-94941/Value-Point-Distribution-Hottubsdirectcom-Did-not-send-send-hot-tub-that-I-ordered-Mill-1080165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value Point Distribution