Complaint Review: ValuePest.com Of America

• Updated: Mon, April 12, 2010

• Reported By:charleston South Carolina
ValuePest.com Of America
valuepest.com Nationwide U.S.A.

ValuePest.com Of America ValuePest refuses to provide copy of contract before signing up Internet Nationwide

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Every Customer Gets ValuePest Contracts Prior To Service

I've been looking around for pest control and found these folks. I've had Terminix and others come out and give me a quote and copy of the contract so I can compare the fine print.

I called these guys to find out their information and they had a good pitch: good coverage for termite protection, lower costs and no long term contract. After hanging up, I realized I hadn't asked for a contract to compare with the others. Called back and pretty quickly got into a stalemate with Steve on the phone. He refused to send me a copy of the contract for my review while making some oblique references that he thought I was a spy for Terminix and was just trying to get a contract to give to some other pest provider. Not that this makes much sense - I don't think national pest control companies would want to copy Value Pest's contract, but it was annoying. So I said that I may just have the technician come out to start the service and look at the contract then and send him away if I didn't like it - thereby wasting both the technician's time and my own.

At that point, Steve said he was banning my home and would never send a technician out. Steve was really trying to make me feel like I was being unreasonable and should apologize and beg to have the privilege to pay for their service.

I realize he had to do that to protect his bottom line, but transparency in this area is vital to me as a customer. I'm not signing up for anything until I see it in writing. Would anyone buy a car warranty without reading the fine print? Would you get an extended service agreement from Best Buy without reading the contract first? This was just surprising to me and disappointing given the fact that what they were saying on the phone sounded so good. It just makes me think they had something to hide - but I'll never know because I couldn't see a contract!
Good luck all, and remember - just ask to see a contract.

charleston, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2009 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ValuePestcom-Of-America/nationwide/ValuePestcom-Of-America-ValuePest-refuses-to-provide-copy-of-contract-before-signing-up-I-459919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ValuePest.com Of America

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Bob jones - (U.S.A.)

This report was written by the exact same person that complained in the other report.

For some reason, RipOff Reports can be filed multiple times by the same person as long as they use different email accounts.

Please disregard.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Every Customer Gets ValuePest Contracts Prior To Service

AUTHOR: Bob Jones - (U.S.A.)

As the President of ValuePest.com, I was surprised to read this person's report. At ValuePest we always provide our service agreement to new customers prior to any work being performed. If a customer wants to review our agreement we leave a copy with them to look over. We have nothing to hide and this does happen from time to time.

Unlike our competitors, we do not hire salespeople.

In Steve's defense, we do have competitors calling our office everyday. Apparently this particular customer didn't want our service, he just wanted us to send out a technician with one of our contracts. That is a very odd request. That's why he refused.

If anyone would like a copy of our service agreement, just ask and we'll be glad to email or fax it right out. But sorry, we don't deliver.