Complaint Review: Valuemags

• Submitted: Fri, September 28, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012

• Reported By: Margaret — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Valuemags

Valuemags Instyle Valuemags likes to be 'Instyle' by shady business ,unauthorized credit card use, Internet

I thought it was strange receiving a random magazine in the mail today. Of course, I was right. I was not cashing in on good karma and receiving a free Instyle to flip through, I was a victim of a third party company getting a hold of my credit card information and deciding I was the perfect candidate for a magazine subscription.
However, being a young college student making minimum wage, this surprise magazine subscription is going to now deplete my bank account, probably cause an on set  of overdraft fees, and I will be stuck to deal with the consequence.
What does Instyle have to say? A leading magazine, "oh we are sorry, they are a third party company and their is nothing we can do." YES THERE IS. The lady on the phone with me had my information in her computer, I have a dandy account code with instyle now, since they stole my credit card information. I do not understand.... how is it legal for a company to steal my credit card info and authorize a purchase, but if a bum on the street did the same thing, they would be in some sort of legal situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 09:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Valuemags/internet/Valuemags-Instyle-Valuemags-likes-to-be-Instyle-by-shady-business-unauthorized-credit-c-948246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Valuemags