Complaint Review: Valvoline Instant Oil Change

• Submitted: Mon, July 08, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, July 08, 2002

• Reported By:Rochester NY
Valvoline Instant Oil Change
2065 Fairport 9 Mile Point Rd Penfield, New York U.S.A.

Valvoline Instant Oil Change never told me anything, never saw receipt, need a new engine, they are being sued the business that doesn't give a dam Penfield New York

I took my car to Valvoline Instant Oil Change, as I was working 80 hours a week and didn't have time to change my own oil (what a mistake). Well, they never gave me a receipt and never informed me of oil leak, frame oil drippage that was on the receipt that I never saw (the signature box was blank).

This didn't become a problem until the 90 degree day on the highway. My superb condition Nissan Maxima was going down the interstate when I feel this strong knocking, shift into neutral and pull over, but before that happens, my engine had seized and it was shot.

I bought it from a very competent mechanic who had taken immaculate care of it only six months prior. Nothing was wrong when my mechanic did a thorough inspection of EVERYTHING before I bought it.

Then this oil leak. ALL they had to do was tell me and I would have been aware of this and gotten it fixed. But no, oil drains out on the hot day after 2 hours on the highway and I am stuck with a worthless engine and a call to AAA.

I have just begun to take action against Valvoline, but they will be held responsible for their negligence. I will keep this site informed of what occurs with this case.

Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2002 06:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Valvoline-Instant-Oil-Change/Penfield-New-York-14526/Valvoline-Instant-Oil-Change-never-told-me-anything-never-saw-receipt-need-a-new-engine-24152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Valvoline Instant Oil Change