Complaint Review: Valvoline Instant Oil Change

• Reported By: Chico31 — Hastings Minnesota
Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Co Rd 42 Rosemount, Minnesota USA

Valvoline Instant Oil Change VIOC Bad Battery Scam Rosemount Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: "Battery scam?"

My daughter and I went to this VIOC the other day for a simple oil change.  During the service the attendant said my battery had a low charge and asked if I wanted to replace it.  I said no, as I have never had any issues with my battery.  Upon completion of the oil change they said to start it up.  So, she tried.  But, guess what.  It did not start!  Weak battery!  The attendants, replied with "I told ya"...  I was furious!  I immediately sensed a scam!  Too many red flags!   So, I then told these guys to simply give me a jump.  After driving away, my 18yo daughter said that if I had not been there to recognize this as a scam.  She would have purchased the battery.

After getting home, I then tested the battery.  No weak results!  It has now been two weeks and I have not had any issues with my battery!  This is a total scam!  Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2013 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Valvoline-Instant-Oil-Change/Rosemount-Minnesota/Valvoline-Instant-Oil-Change-VIOC-Bad-Battery-Scam-Rosemount-Minnesota-1070714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Valvoline Instant Oil Change

"Battery scam?"

AUTHOR: Pucket68 - ()

Our battery testers are able to printout a screenshot of the test.  We enter in the CCA of the battery which is normally printed on the battery itself) and it tells us how much it has currently. Also giving us a recommendation of "replace," "marginal," or "good" these results all can be printed out for the customer to see. The customer could even check the starting CCA of the battery themselves at the time of service if requested. We CANNOT calibrate the testers. yes, the tech could have entered the wrong CCA and have received the wrong rating. But if the customer verifies the printout with the CCA printed on the battery, this so called "scam" could have been avoided. The "replace" reading does not guarantee the battery isn't going to start the car, it means the battery tested low and recommends replace.

and what did you test your battery with?