casual

• Reported By: Mongo — Georgia United States of America
Valvo's LLC
715 Rainbow Falls Rd. Graniteville, South Carolina United States of America

Valvo's LLC Buyer Beware! Graniteville, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Valvo's is great to do business with.

*Consumer Comment: Valvo's LLC

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Valvo's LLC / Mike Davis

If you're looking to buy a used car and come across Valvo's LLC in Graniteville, SC, please take your time and have a mechanic thoroughly inspect the car you are considering.

I drove a Honda that drove wonderfully, no problems at all on one day, but I suspect that it had some mechanic quick fixes applied before I bought it.  I did not have a mechanic inspect the vehicle, and for that I am kicking myself - please heed my warning and don't fall victim to 'Mike Davis'' claim that he only picks the best cars at auction, the best Hondas and Toyotas, blah, blah, blah.  I now know that he is only a decent salesman and a ripoff artist.

After paying for the car, I left headed home.  Within five minutes, the check engine light came on, the A/C quit working, and the next day, two hoses busted.  I have now discovered that the head gasket is blown.  I think these things are way beyond coincidental and have a very strong suspicion that Mike Davis altered the car to pass my driving test.  He made sure that I understood that there was no recourse once the transaction was complete, which should have raised red flags to me.  But, I thought I had a great deal.  Be aware that cars selling for less than the market are probably not good mechanically.  Now I am stuck with a "fixer upper".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2012 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Valvos-LLC/Graniteville-South-Carolina-29829/Valvos-LLC-Buyer-Beware-Graniteville-South-Carolina-919140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Valvo's LLC

Valvo's is great to do business with.

AUTHOR: Duane - (United States of America)

Mike, was absolutely great to work with; buying my 2005 Subaru Outback. He was never pushy to deal with, but yet was ready when I was ready to buy the car. I even, picked up the car after midnight. He catered to me in every way possible. Not to mention the great deal on the car, well below book value. The car is great too!!! No problems what so ever after a month. I love my Subaru, and wouldn't hesitate to send Mike another customer or buy another car from him if I needed one. Mike is just a working guy like you and I, who sells a few cars on the side, at a great price.

Valvo's LLC

AUTHOR: pat - (United States of America)

I beg to differ. I purchased a 2006 Honda from Valvos LLC and didn't have any problems. Mike Davis was kind and professional when selling me the car. He gave me a car history report on the car and made sure I had all paperwork to take to the DMV. I got a GREAT DEAL on my car. I checked the bluebook value of the car and I have equity in the car. I get compliments on the car from family and friends. The only thing I had to do was buy new tires get the windows tinted and clean it up a little. He made me aware of the accident the previous owner had in the car. I did a CARFAX report history on the car and found out it had a great service record! And the same information he told me about the accident was on the report. I would truly recommend Valvo's LLC to anyone looking for a car at a great price. Mike Davis also told me if I ever have any problems with the car to let him know and he will try his best to correct it! Maybe the guy that wrote the previous report should have tried to talk to Mike first. Im positive he would have tried his best to straighten it out!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Valvo's LLC / Mike Davis

AUTHOR: Mike Davis owner of Valvo''s LLC - (United States of America)

It saddens me to have found this post and thus discovered that one of my customers actually felt this way. I truly wish that this customer had contacted me and discussed the problems this vehicle was having rather than taking out his/her frustrations in this manner.

I have sold hundreds of reliable vehicles over the years and I still fully believe that Hondas and Toyotas have the models which give you the highest likelihood of dependability.

Anyone who is not mechanically inclined, should not buy a car from an individual or business including grandma next door without having it pre-inspected by a 3rd party mechanic.  Its not because grandma or I plan to rip you off but rather because you should receive a second opinion. Its your money and you worked hard to earn it.  Will the 3rd party mechanic catch everything that I missed?  Very unlikely, its not cost effective for the customer to pay for a 100% full diagnosis to inspect all components.  Everything in life is somewhat of a gamble whether you buy new or used.

Unfortunately, even after a thorough check into the vehicles history followed by a qualified inspection and a driving test, these are still used cars and rare unlucky ones like this one might crop up.

If the car you purchased from me AS IS gives you serious problems please inform me personally 'first'.  And if you are respectful, honest and decide to use common sense, you will be treated as such.  I cannot promise that I will be able to make all your problems go away or make everyone happy, but I will do my best.

I strive to provide a good and safe product at a reasonable cost and I do truly care about my customers.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC