Complaint Review: Van Chevrolet

• Submitted: Tue, March 23, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, March 23, 2004

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Van Chevrolet
1700 N I-35 Carrollton, Texas U.S.A.

Van Chevrolet ripoff Flat out lied about warranty and service agreement. Carrollton Texas

I was told that the leinholder required that I have an extended warranty to cover the term of the loan, yet I was told by the leinholder whom I have a credit card with that they do not make conditions on loans. Either you qualify or you don't.

Another $689.00 was added under some catagory " dealer adjustment", I have not been given an explanation for that. I was charged about $2500.00 for the extended warranty which I now know is twice the actual cost.

I wrote a check for $400.00 for part of the down payment and asked them to hold it for three days. They wrote the $400.00 into the principle of the loan. I was told that this was to "cover" the check in case it bounced. I did not get an explanation as to wheather or not I would get a refund after the check cleared.

I did recover $525.00 and given a 5 year service agreement to rectify this situation. I was told I would receive free oil changes for a year but $500.00 service agreement was added to the principle on the loan under the "service agreement".

The value of the 5 year service agreement that I was compted which was stated on the form I signed was $500.00, exactly what I was was charged originally for a 1 year service agrrement. I met with the "finance manager" who admitted I was "mislead" and was given the excuse of training issues. I have requested the leinholder send me copies of all the forms with my signiture on them and I have written the Better Bussiness Bureau and am waiting for a responce from them.

Jason
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2004 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Van-Chevrolet/Carrollton-Texas-75006/Van-Chevrolet-ripoff-Flat-out-lied-about-warranty-and-service-agreement-Carrollton-Texas-85099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Van Chevrolet